“Really Enjoyable Dinner for large Business group”
Review of Maxie's

Maxie's
Ranked #43 of 1,543 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Price range: US$7 - US$28
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours
Description: Maxie's is Milwaukee's outpost of Southern cooking and comfort food. Known for seafood and fish dishes, Maxie's features an oyster bar with Happy Hour and nightly specials. Maxie's draws inspiration from throughout the South, and serves barbecue, Low Country favorites, Cajun and Creole cuisine.
Reviewed 31 May 2016

My company rented out the second floor of Maxie's restaurant. We have been to many other corporate functions over the last couple of years and this was by far my favorite.
We ate family style. The dinner started with a salad and fried green tomatoes. Both very enjoyable. The main courses came out as pulled pork, Shrimp and grits, BBQ brisket. Side dishes of Beans, Coleslaw and Corn bread accompanied dinner. They were all good. You had you choice being family style. If the plate was empty they were eager to please us and get more. The Bar had nice beer and whiskey. For dessert they gave us small key lime pies and mud cakes. Both enjoyable. I would recommend going to this establishment and wouldn't hesitate to go back. We really enjoyed everything

1  Thank Kenneth P

Reviewed 14 May 2016

I am over the moon with Maxie's food and service. I had the "Nojito" (which is a mock Mojito) and I thought it tasted better than the alcoholic version! I also had the Abita Beer Braised Duroc Pork Cheeks; which comes with Cheddar Grits, bean sprouts, and picked carrots and kale. The acidity of the pickled carrots and kale helped cut the heaviness of the grits and the pork cheeks. I would also recommend the Pork Confit Flatbread which is like a really fancy pizza that is so good. It had Grit dough crust, creamy cheese sauce, bacon, sweet bbq sauce, and baby arugula. Our waitress was very nice and helped us decide what to order. Overall, I am overly impressed and definitely going back to Maxie's.

Reviewed 13 May 2016 via mobile

Maxie's keeps doing it right. We've been dining here since they opened and it is a consistent winner. The pecan crusted trout with arugula salad is truly one of of the best dishes I have had anywhere in the world, it is superb. The atmosphere equals the quality, with its shimmering lights and red walls, just a cozy spot to sit and enjoy a night out. Kudos to the owner and chef, and entire staff.

Reviewed 8 May 2016

Went here as part of a group for a corporate function. The wait staff was amazing compared to the locations they took us to earlier in the week. They were polite, attentive and aimed to please everyone! Our menu was planned so we had a nice salad with apples and bleu cheese followed by Fried Green Tomatoes. We had everything served family style. If something went empty it was cheerfully replenished. For dinner there was Pulled Pork (I am a big fan, but it was just ok), Brisket (but it was served chopped with too much bbq sauce - sauce should be at your option), Shrimp and Grits which I have no experience with so I really enjoyed it and Jambalaya which everyone appeared to enjoy. The had an excellent beer selection where I could enjoy a darker beer that wasn't Guinness. Dessert were small key lime pies and Mississippi Mud Pies. Both excellent. We were surely be back in all size groups depending who is in town. I recommend this establishment

Reviewed 5 May 2016 via mobile

Jambalaya was the best I've ever had! The oysters were delicious, tofu wings were unexpectedly great, and the whiskey selection was impressive. If you're in the mood for Southern food this place can't be beat!