“Well kept secret”

Cinco De Mayo Fiesta Restaurant
Ranked #385 of 1,629 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 3, 2015 via mobile

We have been visiting Cinco for a couple of years and love it. Our experience has always been delightful. You are instantly greeted at the door with friendly faces and smiles. The dining room is cozy and not so loud. You can have a conversation without shouting. Food is excellent. Comes to your table quickly & hot. Margaritas are yummy. Highly recommend.

Reviewed September 16, 2014

We finally stopped in at Cinco De Mayo after driving past it like 100 times. We were very skeptical because the previous two Mexican restaurants at this location were not up to par. We visit Mexico a few times a year and absolutely love the food in Mexico. It is hard to find good authentic Mexican food. This place has hit it on the head, but also has brought some of the American style Mexican to the menu. A good mix.
The Shrimp Ceviche is the best I have found in Milwaukee. The order is very large for the $9 they charge. They have Fajitas that are just perfect. It is plenty for two people in one order. The tacos are very full and you have a choice of ground beef, shredded beef, shredded chicken or pork. I still cannot tell you which one is my favorite. Great flavors in all. I had Red Snapper cooked with the garlic sauce and it is the first time I actually felt it was as good as when we are in Mexico, all that was missing was the toes in the sand. LOL They have great Mole choices and all the other usual things like enchiladas etc. The Chille Relleno was cooked to perfection.
This place has great specials. Daily on their house margaritas I think until 6 pm, they are very good, and I think around $3.50, not sure on that. My favorite is the Elmilagro Margarita strait up. and for $6.50 it cannot be beat.
We visit this place now 2 to 4 times a month, as it is very affordable, and we love the food, they have really represented the Mexican cuisine, while having plenty on the menu for the people that enjoy what I call the American Mexican style.

If you are looking for affordable Mexican food that is very good this is the place.
Sometimes it is a bit loud in the bar area of this restaurant with regulars, but the dinning area is a bit quieter. The service is great, 99% of the time. But once in a while they are a bit understaffed. But it is well worth the wait. We just pretend we are in Mexico and wind down to what we call Island time. The owner always tries to greet you at the doors and they are very quick to bring out chips and their two kinds of salsa.
We will keep returning to this place every time it makes us feel like we are almost at our favorite place in Mexico. And almost as inexpensive. Great Job Fidel and Alex and the rest of the staff.
There are many many Mexican restaurants in the Milwaukee area some have been my favorites for years, but this place now has become our go to.

1  Thank teena99