“Best Bakery in Milwaukee”

Simma's Ovens Bakery
Ranked #2 of 20 Bakeries in Milwaukee
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Reviewed October 26, 2017 via mobile

Always great Bakery. Cheesecake is amazing. Cakes for weddings or special occasions. Stop by on a date for a treat. Cupcakes, tarts, chocolate covered strawberries, cookies..... delicious. Street parking.

Reviewed October 3, 2017

17 years ago we chose Simma's for our wedding cake! Phenomenal cheescake with raspberry filling, shiny chocolate frosting dotted liberally with fresh raspberries. A hit with everyone! We stop in when we're in the neighborhood with some frequency. The showcase is way too tempting...in a good way!

Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

I have been a fan of this bakery for over 25 years. Of course it is famous for their cheesecake and wedding/special event cakes. But I'm going to write about their morning buns and danish.

The morning buns are delicate yeast dough swirled around and around with cinnamon sugar between each layer. They must have a glaze on top when they are baked because the outside has a bit of crunch and chewiness. Absolutely delicious. Just St when you are sure you could never eat the whole thing, it suddenly disappears.

Today's newer bakeries like to use puff pastry and twist it around, glaze the top and add a filling and then call it a danish. Well that's an easy and cheap way to go if all you want is a dry crunchy flakes of puff pastry. But when I want a real danish, I want a moist, yeasty dough with some substance. Then I want it filled with fruit or nuts and finally frosted, not glazed. Simms's danish is substantial and made in the old tradition. They never disappoint.

In the past they have made mini versions of these for my brunches. Just call ahead.

For the record their cheesecakes and tortes are also to die for!!

Reviewed June 29, 2017

Simmas is by far the best cheesecake in my opinion ever! I live close to the bakery and love stopping in when I need a pick me up or that perfect special treat. Their regular cake is awesome and, since they remodeled their storefront, the daily options for purchase are impressive and vast. Defiantly a fav of mine and many people in the area. I had them do my wedding cake 10 years ago and people still rave about it. I am always glad to tell them where they can get the same recipe any day!

Reviewed June 4, 2017 via mobile

We ordered a classic cheesecake for a graduation party. It was beautiful, and so were all the pastries and muffins. We bought a dozen of those, too. Our daughter and her friends relished them for breakfast, and the cake was the perfect ending to a special graduation party!

Been to Simma's Ovens Bakery? Share your experiences!