“Adorable, Quaint Accommodations” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 54 Hotels in Milwaukee
Longmont, Colorado
“Adorable, Quaint Accommodations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

Fun rooms, with comfy beds, a jacuzzi tub and spaciousness. Stay the night and receive a tasty, breakfast omelette, "YOUR WAY" the following morning. Within walking distance to the bay.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Denise K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

The County Clare Inn is just adorable. It's gets a rating of four for its charm. The pub is nice for a quick bite and the morning breakfast for guests was pretty darn tasty. Very relaxed atmosphere. We stayed in the "snug" room and it was as described. I have to say that the bed was pretty hard to sleep on...didn't feel like I received a good night sleep. It was, however, quiet. I was worried being placed next to the elevator would be disruptive but it was pretty noise-free. County Clare would be on my list to return to when coming back to Milwaukee!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank kmoore929
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2012

Great service. Very clean facilities. Pub is lots of fun and everyone there is so friendly and funny that you get the feeling they have been hired to entertain!
A great place to stay for not much more money than a regular hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank mike t
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

The room is cute and cozy and the bathtub is nice and luxurious. I had a nice time at the bar on Friday night. My only complaint is that the room wasn't as clean as I like when I stay in hotels. I work in the industry, so perhaps I am a stickler but when I noticed that the door handles to the entry and bathroom were sticky, it gave me the creeps. I would stay here again - the bar is lovely and the staff is very accomodating - just hoping the staff at County Claire get this message.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rachel M
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012 via mobile

Read all the reviews and decided to stay. What a nice place. Irish Pub is too convenient to have so close to your hotel room. Enjoyed plenty of tasty drinks. What a deal. Room was very nice and comfortable. Next morning complementary omelette was very good and large. Will gladly stay here again. An excellent couples get away spot.

Stayed April 2012
2 Thank BamaKid77
Dixon, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

My wife and I stayed here in early April on a Monday evening - we took advantage of the "Day Away Holiday" special. As previous posts have mentioned, the Inn's specials are just that - ours included two entrees in the restaurant, a bottle of chanpagne and two breakfasts - in addition to the room and free parking!

The evening meal was great - I had the bangers and mash (which I enjoyed eating in the pubs in Ireland) and my wife tried the Shepherd's Pie. Mine was great, and when my wife couldn't finish hers, I helped - and what struck me the most was how incredibly tender the chunks of beef were. If you are looking for food reminiscent of Irish pub food - try this place - with the fresh Guinness and the quality food, I doubt that you will be disappointed. (OK, the Guinness is better in Ireland, agreed...) The free bottle of champagne is included on the chit for the two entrees. Our embarrassed waiter came and told us that they were out of champagne - and offered us a bottle of any of the other wines offered by the restaurant - impressive!

The room was spacious and included a whirlpool which was right out in the open - the rooms are obviously designed for couples. The bed was fine and we slept well. Prior to supper I took a walk - the Inn is located a couple of blocks from Lake Michigan and a large park which overlooks the lake - a wonderful place to take a walk and relax. The next mornng, my wife joined me for a walk around the neighborhood and in the park - once again, relaxing and a nice way to begin the day.

Breakfast was basically an omelet bar, with the normal extras - toast, orange juice, cereals, milk, etc. as a self-service option. Both my wife and I were very happy with the breakfasts, which are given in the restaurant area.

As for the negatives - only a couple. The Inn advertises free Wi-Fi, which I needed for an online class I was teaching at the time. Perhaps it was due to the location of our room at the end of the building, but the signal was, at best, limited during the time I needed to login. Actually, once I had to shut everything down and reboot after everything locked up. However, I was able to finish in a reasonable amount of time. I imagine things would have been different had our room been somewhat closer to the office. The second has been noted in previous posts - the sounds from adjoining rooms, which can be a little distracting for short periods of time.

However - all things considered - this was an outstanding experience and a great value for the money. I look forward to future visits to this great hotel and pub!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

Friday night special is great. Complimentary breakfast in the morning is delicous - huge omelettes, toast, coffee, tee, sausages, hash browns, the whole shebang. Absolutely love the overall feel of this place.. truly Irish. Staff is all friendly and helpful. Frankly, they had me at the free cookies we got on check-in. Free parking in back and within walking distance to the art museum and north Third Ward. Within 5-10 minute drive to the MPM and many breweries in the area - our main agenda for the weekend! :)

My only complaint is the walls are a little thin. They ask you not to use the whirlpool between 12 - 8 am, and there's a reason for that. Unfortunately, I think the running water was louder than the whirlpool in our experience. Our neighbors took a bath at 11:30pm and we found ourselves having to talk over the sound of the tub filling. I don't know if that would've been more of a hindrance had we stayed longer than a weekend, but I don't think it would prevent me from returning. Amazing experience overall.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple