“Not too bad Watch out for "Hidden Charges"”

Quality Inn Mineral Point
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Mineral Point
Mosinee, Wisconsin
“Not too bad Watch out for "Hidden Charges"”
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Thsi is a nice, clean hotel. We checked in on Saturday June, 12, 2011. We checked in and were told there was a wedding so it be be loud. There was no noise problems. When I arrived home went online to check bank accout and noticed charges from hotel were 60 dollars higher than my printed bill. Called hotel and they said since hotel has a bar, which I never saw, nor is it advertised anywhere in the place, that they preauthorized room, and that they told me this at check in. Was never told this, person then said well it is in fine print on back of signature page. The one I signed is blank on back. When I told them this she said well charges should come off in a few days. Told her I have never had a preauthorization for incidentals, since I shut off phone in room, there is no room service, and like I said never did see a bar, unless you count the keg the wedding had, which I was not there for, I don;'t know what I could have charged to room. They didn't even have pay per view. By the way I am a hotel GM.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank chodado9

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Liberty, Missouri
Reviewed 7 June 2011

The location of the hotel is very convenient and surrounding area is lovely. My husband has issues with stairs and we were on the second floor with no elevator. We wanted a king bed and to move to a first floor room we would have gotten two queens. The check in was easy and the front desk clerk pleasant. However, I had a horrible time sleeping, which is really unusual. The bed was not very comfortable and the pillow lumpy. Breakfast was the usual, but filling.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank maryliberty
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 19 May 2011

We had reservations at several Shake Rag Alley historical rooms. Albeit quaint, they were too musty and lacked ventilation. Luckily we were able to get a room with hot tub at the Quality Inn for a little over $100 per night. More than adequate.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bolderdam
St. Paul, MN
Reviewed 26 September 2010

We spent 1 night here and were very satisfied. It is a few miles from the center of Mineral Point but has easy access to get there. The hotel is updated and the room was very comfortable. We had a king bed that was very, very comfortable. Modern linens and soft also. We had a hot tub that was big enough for 2. It was quiet and offered a great nights sleep. Breakfast is just basic continental but has hot waffles. The staff were great and most helpful with plans for dinner.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 2gothere
Cloquet, MN
Reviewed 25 August 2010

We stayed here for one night while we were doing some sightseeing in the area. The entire hotel was very clean--rooms, lobby, pool area, breakfast area. Staff was pleasant and responsive. When we saw that the room next to us had a family with small, noisy children, we were concerned that noise was going to be a problem. It wasn't. We couldn't hear any outside noise at all when in our room. The pool area is nothing fancy, but is adequately sized and very clean and pleasant. Breakfast was very nice, and included at no extra charge: waffles, sausage, eggs, cereal, fruit, yogurt, juice, coffee, milk, assorted breads, muffins and rolls. We would definitely stay here again if we return to the area.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Princeton, Illinois
Reviewed 22 July 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for four nights. From check- in to check- out, we were treated very well by all staff members. The room was very clean, the bed was super comfortable, plenty of towels and very quiet. The breakfast they provided was more than we expected, and featured make-your-own waffles. The staff was very good at keeping everything well stocked during breakfast hours. I can honestly say that we found nothing to complain about during our stay. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Syl61
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 8 July 2010

I have stayed in this hotel several times in the last few years when visiting family that live in the area.

I have always been impressed with the management, but this last visit they surpassed my expectations. I had made a reservation, but ended up staying overnight in the hospital with my grandmother rather than checking into the hotel. Since I had missed the cancellation time, I did not call the hotel to cancel.

The next morning the hotel called my home to determine if I had made a reservation for the wrong night by accident. My husband explained the situation and my credit card was never charged.

The following weekend, I stayed there to attend the funeral.

The rooms have always been very clean. They are also very pet friendly.

The breakfast room is on the small side, but it is easy to make waffles, etc, and take them back to your room if there is no seating readily available.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Deer Valley Lodge & Golf
#1 of 1 in Barneveld
30.6 km away
Country Inn By Carlson, Platteville

Been to Quality Inn Mineral Point? Share your experiences!