Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews within walking distance hot tub clean rooms great stay bed was comfortable nice place to stay biscuits and gravy staff was very friendly close to downtown rosie snowmobile lakes rates wisconsin
Selected filters
Reviewed November 26, 2020

The room was very nice. Super clean. The beds were comfortable and provided the rest I needed after a long trip. The staff were friendly and professional. Especially the manager, Angela, who went above and beyond to meet our needs. Our stay exceeded my expectations. I will look forward to staying here again.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Angela Wolf, General Manager at AmericInn By Wyndham Minocqua, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2020

Thank you very much for sharing your experience here at AmericInn Minocqua. Your group of friends was such a pleasure to work with.

Reviewed October 28, 2020

I wish I could tell you one good thing about my experience, but the only good thing is that it's over. I booked two nights on Expedia. I needed to change it to one night, and Expedia told me that the hotel would need to make the adjustment. The hotel approved the change, but never actually did it on their end. The manager, Angela, claims to have sent a message back to me telling me to contact Expedia but she couldn't find it. So when I show up to check in, they have me down for two nights. I had to show them the communication through Expedia for them to even allow me to have just the one night. Then I ask if they will be charging me that night or the next morning. They say the morning. I no sooner get to my room and see the charge come through on my credit card. I had booked a room with a bathtub and whirlpool. The room had neither. The bed was actually slanted as if the head was raised, so we felt like we were sliding out all night. The entire hotel smelled damp, had peeling wallpaper, and was not very clean. My original pricing was $300 for two nights. Imagine my surprise when I got a final charge of $235 for one night!! I had to wait until later that morning for the manager, Angela, to come in. I spoke with her and discussed my concerns. She said she'd look into it and get back to me, but probably not that day. I said anytime within the week would be great. That was 9/26. It's now 10/28 and I've heard nothing. I called today and spoke to Angela again, and my oh my, I can't understand why she's the manager. Lots of blame and excuses. She said Expedia made promises of a whirlpool and tub, but that's not what Expedia booked with her, and that's why I should book directly with the hotel. Um, why is this the ONLY time in my frequent travel that this has ever been an issue. Seems more like an issue with the hotel, not with Expedia. She said I was charged the right price for the hotel because apparently I was given some "covid deal" where the first night was expensive and the second night wasn't very much. I noted that had she bothered to ensure my reservation was updated, I would have been able to see this before arriving. I canceled a different hotel for $177 that I clearly should have gone to instead for a myriad of reasons. She said it was my responsibility to look up the itemized charges on the Expedia reservation. Ok, fine. I'll accept that I could have seen it there - but I also would have seen it if she'd bothered to update my reservation! She wasn't going to do anything about any of this & when I noted my frustration, she said well what do you want me to do to make this better. I told her that I thought I should be charged $177 since I would have been billed that price at the other hotel. She said No Way am I going to give it to you for $177. You got what you paid for. Um, no. I did Not get $235 worth of hotel for one night, slanted bed, no whirlpool, musty smell, etc - and without any warning, ANGELA HUNG UP ON ME!!! I was there for a family funeral, and this is the way I was treated. I got a terrible room, in a terrible hotel, and was treated like garbage. and remember: she never called me back after 4 weeks of trying to be patient and wait for her to resolve my concern. and when I called back, she hung up on ME. Do yourself a favor and find a different hotel.

Room tip: stay somewhere else
Date of stay: September 2020
1  Thank michellelB9489SD
Angela Wolf, General Manager at AmericInn By Wyndham Minocqua, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2020

HI Michele,

As we discussed on the phone:

The request was made for an accessible King room- we provided that.
The rate you were charged was exactly the rate outlined in your Expedia confirmation.

Further:
We did allow a one-night cancellation on a 2 night minimum stay weekend.
You did not bring any complaints to our attention regarding room type while you were here.
You did not express room quality issues while you were here.

As we discussed, we have no way of knowing that you had not reviewed your Expedia reservation and therefore did not know your nightly rate or the room type that was selected.

Your Expedia reservation showed the following exactly:

Room, 1 King Bed, Accessible, Non Smoking

9/25/20 Daily Rate USD 214.99
9/26/20 Daily Rate USD 86.00
Discount USD 128.99

Daily Taxes USD 28.59

You canceled the night of 9/26/20. The charges for 9/25/20 remained unchanged and there should have been no expectation that they would change.

The fact that our rate is different than another hotel's rate is not something we would do anything about. Our rates are clearly posted and available for comparison at all times.

Your card was actually charged for your stay at check out, upon check-in an authorization hold (industry wide standard) is placed against the card to cover the cost of the stay and an additional $20 for any incidentals.

The two areas where we definitely could have and should have (and in the future, will do) better was explaining the authorization hold at check in and I should have called you back after verifying that you had been charged the correct rate. I do apologize for those things.

That being said, not explaining an authorization hold and not returning a phone call do not equate to a financial refund that amounts to a price match.

I ended our conversation (stating that the conversation was over) when, after I stated there would be no refund, you started raising your voice and adding in all of the room complaints that had never been previously stated (not during your stay, or during our phone call a couple days after your stay, or in the message you left at the desk on 10/28, or during any of our call on 10/28 up to the point where I declined to issue a refund).

I am sorry that you did not have a great experience here and we do strive to make every stay a comfortable and relaxing one.

Reviewed September 10, 2020

Spots, up to 1" diameter of mold in bathtub. Initially thought it was marks in the tub finish, but they began to wash away when shower was turned on. Mold on the tile grout and on the showerhead as well.

Date of stay: September 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Doug J
Angela Wolf, General Manager at AmericInn By Wyndham Minocqua, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2021

HI Doug,

I am so sorry you had a sub-standard experience here. I took over the property in Sept 2020 and the team and I have been working hard these last 6 months to get the property in tip-top shape and be able to deliver great guest experiences. I do hope you'll give us another try.

Please feel free to reach out directly for more information. My email is awolf@zmchotels.

Thank you!
Angela

Reviewed August 27, 2020

The complaints fall into three broad categories:

1) Covid Safety

- The hotel did not follow protocols listed on the Wyndham website (e.g. wipes for room keys, individual hand sanitizers in rooms, enforcement of the requirement that all patrons wear masks, housekeeping staff did not wear masks and did not practice social distancing). Most of the patrons, besides ourselves, in the hotel lobby were not wearing masks when we checked in. One of the patrons who was not wearing a mask actually coughed in my face!

- Staff did not wear masks! This includes those behind the desk and maids, who we had to pass in the hallways as they were cleaning rooms. When front desk staff were asked why they weren’t wearing masks, they said that people were treating staff like garbage and that is why they were not enforcing mask wearing or wearing one themselves.

- We chose Wyndham based on the Covid safety protocols that were promised on-line and over the phone when the reservation was made. WE FELT VERY UNSAFE DURING OUR STAY!

2) Late Check-in and unfriendly staff

- After traveling 3-4 1/2 hours to get to the property, our room was not available at 3:00. In fact, we had to wait for 45 minutes before we could access our room. This limited our time to rest and get ready for our dinner reservation.

- Late check-in caused great inconvenience and did not adhere to what was promised when the rooms were booked. When we finally got access to our room, the staff did not apologize. In fact, none of the personnel at the front desk greeted us or showed any type of courteous or friendly behavior that we have come to expect from the Wyndham hotels, especially when spending over $500 for a two day stay. When we were finally let into our rooms, we had to pass by two housekeeping staff in the hall, who had just cleaned our rooms and who WERE NOT WEARING MASKS.

3) Condition of the property

- We were told that there would be an outdoor area and picnic tables to allow us to spend time in the outdoors. There was one broken table directly next to a garbage storage area.

- Bath tiles were filthy.

We lodged a complaint and received no response from the Minocqua Chain! Now pursuing a complaint with the corporate office requesting compensation.

Date of stay: August 2020
1  Thank janepY2492EU
Reviewed February 15, 2020

We had another good stay, but miss the efficiency and professionalism of Rosie. Staff were pleasant, but not very pro-active. Example: Coffee often ran dry or was cold during our multi-night stay. This has never happened during our past years of winter'time stays.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple