“A hidden gem of Minocqua!!”

Northwoods Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Minocqua
Rosholt, Wisconsin, United States
“A hidden gem of Minocqua!!”
Reviewed 1 April 2012

I booked this trip for my husband for his 25th birthday (we stayed 3/31-4/1/12). When I originially booked it, I found it by Googling "hotels in Minocqua" and came across the Northwoods Inn & Suites. The pictures looked nice so I went ahead and made a reservation. We got there at around 1:00 in the afternoon and the parking lot was empty. That made me nervous because we passed so many other nice-looking places with much fuller parking lots. We walked in and there was a phone by the main desk. A sign said to press 0 and wait for an operator. We were then greeted by the owner, Thomas Murray, who was the most wonderful and pleasant man to deal with. He asked if we had any questions before he took us to our room and I inquired about the "themed" rooms that I read about. He said something to the effect of "let me show you the room you currently have reserved, and then let me show you the room I'm going to give you". After he showed us the room we reserved, he took us to a fishing-themed room, which was cute, but nothing super spectacular. We were excited for the upgrade just the same and on our way back to the main desk to finish checking in, he stopped and showed us a lumber jack themed room, which was awesome (reserve if you can), and one of his suites. The suite was fantastic! It was split into two rooms, one was more of a living-room style with couches (one of which was a hide-a-bed), a TV, mini-fridge, microwave and bathroom (which had a heat lamp in it). The main room had a nice queen-size bed with a woodsy comforter set, a second television, a second bathroom (also equipped with a heat lamp), and a big hot tub in the middle of the room. The owner offered us the suite for a $30 discount. We took the suite and when we brought our stuff in, we noticed that it was extremely clean. This man obviously takes pride in his building and for a small motel, he even offers breakfast. He recommended we walk next door to El Mez restaurant, which we did and it was fantastic, and he also recommended a restaurant called Chef Rene's for dinner, which was about 10 miles away, which was beyond fantastic. The own provided amazing service to us, took time to suggest places to go and things to do that he thought we would enjoy, and the stay was better than I ever thought it would be. I would recommend this to anyone and everyone.

Room Tip: Ask about a themed room and for a room that's accessible from the parking lot (if that is desira...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Tina C

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 25 July 2011

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone! I was in the area for a wedding, and was unfortunate enough to stay here for two nights because everything was booked! First, the owners were rude! The room smelled awful! The mattresses and box springs were disgustingly stained! The mattresses were as hard as rocks! I felt as if I was sleeping on the floor, and after driving more than seven hours, I was not very happy! This was overall, the worst experience of my life!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank latinprincess8

Travellers are raving about these Minocqua hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Minocqua
0.2 km away
33.3 km away
Edgewater Inn & Cottages
Edgewater Inn & Cottages
#5 of 12 in Eagle River

Been to Northwoods Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!