Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
FindHotel
Destinia.com
All reviews electric fireplace view of the lake fire pit dvd player dining table relaxing stay home away from home bearskin trail continental breakfast great place to stay minocqua area pool and hot tub close to town north woods parking lot the breakfast area bedroom
Selected filters
Reviewed May 15, 2021

We found this place last minute pre season. Super reasonably priced for what you get. I would have expected it to cost more. The room was huge and very clean. Nice kitchen set up. View was great. Perfect for walking downtown, no car needed. Would definitely stay again.

Room tip: all of the rooms have a view of the lake
Date of stay: May 2021
Jen Stough, Guest Services / Front Office at The Pointe Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2021

Dear Guest,

We are so glad that you found us and enjoyed your stay! We are even more pleased that we exceeded your expectations. Of course one of the big highlights of our property is all rooms offer a lake view of some kind. Our location is perfect for walking into town, or hiking the bearskin trail or just sitting and enjoying your view. We truly appreciate your review and would be very happy to host your next stay in Minocqua.

Reviewed May 2, 2021

We just got home from a one night stay...which was very enjoyable. Our balcony had a great view of Lake Minocqua. The hotel staff, Sally, Buck and Beth were extremely friendly and hospitable. The pool, hot tub and workout room were just what we needed. My wife and I will definitely stay here again!

Date of stay: May 2021
Management response:Responded May 3, 2021

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the kind words and the nice review. Our lodging accommodations provide a guest amenity that makes every stay a joy; private patios or balcony decks with furniture to enjoy all the northwoods has to offer including awesome views of Lake Minocqua. Here, you can step out of your room to your patio or balcony deck and take in the fresh northwoods air, watch the eagles sore, maybe hear the cry of a common loon, and see starry nights overhead. We're more of a resort than a hotel with our many amenities indoors and outdoors. I'm happy you had a great overnight stay. Out team looks forward to hosting you in the nearer future!

Reviewed April 25, 2021 via mobile

We stay here 3 to 4 times a year for different fishing outings. I called this morning to inquire about the mask mandate as Wisconsin no longer has one, but I wanted to check with the hotel to see what their policy was. Well I called, and I ended up with a very rude lady on the phone. I asked what the policy was as when we clicked on the COVID policy on their website it was blank for us. We have traveled all over during COVID and have called each and every place before we book to make sure we are comfortable with what their policy is. With the govenors mandate no longer in place, we figured maybe we could head up north and go fishing.

So I called to find out what their policy was. I said the word COVID and I heard a "scoff"on the other end of the line. She said they strictly enforce masks as well as most of the businesses in Minocqua. I said "Thank you for letting me know as we do not wear masks" (never got to finish my sentence as she cut me off and said) "Well then you must be very important" and hung up on me. WHAT??? What kind of customer service is that. I was thanking you for informing me of the local businesses and that is how you treat someone who wants to pay money to come stay with you. If I would have been able to finish my sentence we do have someone in our group with a medical issue that does not allow them to wear a mask. I was not looking for a debate or to argue, hence why we called before booking. I do not want to come on vacation and then have confrontations about masks. So I guess for being considerate and asking before booking I deserved to have a snotty comment thrown at me and then be hung up on. Wow. How is this person employed in customer service. We are less than 2 hours from your area and masks aren't worn here much anymore. Neither one of our employers require them so I thought we should call and see how it was being handled there. So instead of spending $1,000 a stay 3 or 4 times a year at your establishment, we will rent a house on a lake until we can decide where we want to buy. That kind of treatment is unacceptable. But thank you for making it easy for us to decide to extend our South Dakota trip in June instead and spend our money there. Such a shame as even though the hotel is outdated, we always enjoyed our stays before. We had only ever had one person who was not very friendly, but everyone else has always been great here. Sorry, but this ladys attitude was completely unnecessary.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Management response:Responded April 28, 2021

Dear Casey,

Than you for your review, I so appreciate your candid feedback. I was made aware of your conversation with our front desk associate and appreciate the follow-up discussion you had with my Assistant General Manager. She kindly elevated your concerns to me and made sure I was immediately aware of the situation.

First of all, please allow me to acknowledge that you are right with your concerns and that you did everything you could to be a great patron of our resort when you showed concern for and sought out information about our current COVID-19 mask policy. I am deeply disappointed in the way our associate addressed your questions; she was wrong. We believe the right approach is to listen to the customer respectively and professionally. You deserve so much better.

The responses you received were well outside of the values, priciples, and practices we instill in our resort associates. Our mission and actions are, and always will be, to fully serve and graciuosly host our guests. Our associates are the embodiment of our company and we will continue to educate them to meet our mission. I am saddened and disappointed of the treatment you received; this is not who we are! I sincerely apologize for this associate's conduct.

On behalf of our resort associates and management team, I hope you will allow us the opportunity to earn your business again. I graciuosly invite you to stay with us again in the nearer future.

Reviewed April 18, 2021

We've stayed at the Pointe every spring for 17 years. We love this place! The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are well furnished with comfortable beds, couches, and chairs and the kitchen is well stocked with full sized appliances and serving ware. Super close to downtown shopping and dining as well as the beautiful Bearskin biking/walking trail. You can't go wrong here!!

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded April 19, 2021

Dear Mary,

Thank you for the kind review. More than that, thank you for being our guest for 17 years. I appreciate you recognizing our staff. They are a small crew, with big hospitality hearts! They are the best. Their satisfaction comes from knowing they are providing our guests the cleanest and most updated lodging units to be found in the Northwoods, and receiving comments such as yours. Our units are privately owned (condominiums) by families from all over the United States, and they to find satisfaction in knowing that they have provided our guests with the unit amenities and comfort levels necessary to make memorable stays.

On behalf of our crew and unit owners, I appreciate your many years patronage. How about we make it 18! See you next Spring, if not before.

Reviewed March 14, 2021

My husband and I were excited to spend a mini vacation, just 2 nights in Minocqua but were quite disappointed in the accommodations! No one warned us about the 3 flights of stairs to get to and from our room, without elevator access! I am 2 years post knee replacement and even though I get around just fine, stairs are my nemesis! We had no idea when we walked through door #4 that we would encounter flight after flight of stairs that were rather steep with a narrow tread. In this day and age what hotel floor doesn't have an elevator? The hotel registration clerk never asked about our ability to handle stairs. We felt we had 2 choices; stay in our hotel room all day so we didn't need to go up and down the stairs, or stay out of the room all day. The stairs kept us from using the pool and I sent my husband to collect the continental breakfast on the first morning but totally skipped it our second morning.

As if the steep stairs weren't problem enough, the suite had no recliner or arm chair to sit in. There was so much furniture, a king & queen bed, the suite came complete with a table jammed into a tight space with 4 chairs. I actually had to pull the chair out away from the table to be able to sit but it's not comfortable trying to read a book that way.

So, before making reservations, before accepting room keys, know what you are getting yourself into. As for us, we will not be returning.

Room tip: Some floor are not accessible with an elevator so you need to do stairs that were steep and probable not meeting code.
Date of stay: March 2021
Management response:Responded March 18, 2021

Dear Cathy,

Thank you for your review. Review's will help us get better at servicing our customers.

In reviewing the information on your reservation I noticed that you made your reservation through Expedia. Unfortunately, Expedia does do provide a good description of our property and units and because f that we always, always, ask potential guests to call the resort allowing our Front Desk Team Members to directly service your reservation and needs.

At check-in we do not inquire about personal needs or physical abilities as we know this can be very personal and private to individuals. We certainly hope that at check-in a guest would tells us about any personal needs allowing us to make any required changes to accommodations in an effort to provide the highest guest comfort level available. Even after a guest is checked-in and informs us of an issue, our goal will always be to put the guest's comfort first, moving a guest and personal belongings to a more compatible room. Our guest's comfort comes first. A guest's communication to our team always provides the opportunity to better accommodate the guest and their lodging experience.

As for the stairs, yes there are many and an elevator is not available in servicing these four of our 69 units. However, that has not taken away these rooms popularity as guests value the access to the outdoors that these units provide, being close to their snowmobiles in the winter and our boat slips in the summer. The stairs servicing these units are constructed to building codes. I will acknowledge that these units are not for everyone, and we recognize that. We will always accommodate our guests to change to better suited units.

I would agree with you on your statement, "know what you're getting". I will always recommend that a potential guest call a lodging property direct to get a good description of the property, the units, their locations and amenities. On-line travel agencies don't provide this valuable information. This will assure a traveler is conversing with a bonafide hotel/motel/resort representative who will make sure that the traveler's needs and comfort levels are met before their arrival, during the stay and after the stay. All important to a great getaway!

Again, thank you for your review; it's appreciated.