“Great place to relax” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Oshkosh
Janesville, Wisconsin
“Great place to relax”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

I have stayed in this location many times and have enjoyed the amenities that it offers. I am always acknowledged as a Priority Club member at check-in and enjoy a cookie or two while I get my room and the treat bag which is usually water with popcorn or candy. At 5:30 the mini-bar opens and they have beer, wine and some liquor until around 7:30. The suite rooms are large and one area is seperated by a hallway which has the bath before you get to the bed room. Beds are comfortable and I find the rooms to be very quiet. There is a microwave and refegerator which is great for the popcorn and keeping the beer cold. I use the eliptical machine in the morning (opens at 5 am) before leaving. I have stayed in many Holiday Inn Express's but this is the only one that opens its' breakfast bar up before 6 am and that is great because I like to be on the road early. This is a well run property which makes it a wonderful place to stay.

Room Tip: book a suite it is well worth it to have the extra room.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HolidayInnExpressOsh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oshkosh-SR 41, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Hello!

I am Kevin Johnson, General Manager of the Holiday Inn Express Oshkosh. I want to thank you so much for your kind words. It gives the entire staff great pleasure that you continue to return to our hotel for your lodging needs. The staff also wanted me to send you a special thank you for you comments!

We try our best to do what it takes to make our guests feel comfortable, welcome, and as if they were at home. Our happy hour is a place where you can relax, have a complimentry cocktail, and socialize with family, friends, or even other guests in the hotel! We are extremely happy that you mentioned our cookies at the front desk. We bake them fresh to enjoy during the check in process!

We hope that you will continue to join us for your hotel needs. We will have the cookies, cocktails, and smiles waiting on you once you arrive!

Thank you again for taking the time to complete a survey,

Kevin Johnson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Evansville, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

My check-in was friendly with paper & special water/snack. Michelle recognized me as a Priority member and told me if I needed anything just call. The well-lit room was clean with the great whirlpool we requested. We enjoyed the social hour with cokes, beer, & wine supplied.The king bed was cushy but yet supporting for my large size. The heat/AC was quiet and didin't do the normal hot/cold cycle but felt like a home system and didn't disturb your sleep. The pool/hot tub area is large and well kept. I checked out ealy and Kevin made sure to leave my internet actice and let housekeeping know I'd be in the room til noon.. I've been here 3 times and will stay here again on my next trip to the area...

Room Tip: Make sure to enjoy the well lit pool/ large hot tub next to the workout room. It's on the right...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HolidayInnExpressOsh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oshkosh-SR 41, responded to this review, 5 November 2012
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor Survey. Also, thank you for your kinds words about our hotel. We hope you will join us again in the future!

Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

Stayed here after my son's basketball tournament, it was in a great location for us. There are fast food options within walking distance which we liked since we wanted a break from driving. The rooms are very spacious and we were able to get an adjoining room, which are sometimes hard to find. Beds were comfortable and the kids had lots of options to pick from for breakfast. We will be sure to stay here again if we are in the area.

Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
HolidayInnExpressOsh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oshkosh-SR 41, responded to this review, 16 February 2012
Hello,

I am Kevin Johnson, General Manager at the Holiday Inn Express Oshkosh. I would like to thank you for your warm comments about our hotel. I have informed the entire staff about your stay and they were all smiles. It is guests like you who keep us encouraged to do our best at our customer service efforts. We hope that you will join us again in the future!

Again, thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor survey!

Crown Point, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

Have stayed here in the past and have enjoyed the hotel but this time I was very dissappointed. I stayed in room 2000 and did not get a good nights sleep. The laundry is located right below this room and it vibrates the room all night long. There is a loud noise coming from the exhaust vents of the laundry that keep you up all night long. I asked the front desk if they could do something but nothing ever was done.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HolidayInnExpressOsh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oshkosh-SR 41, responded to this review, 25 January 2012
Hello,

I am Kevin Johnson, General Manager of the Holiday Inn Express Oshkosh. I want to thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to post a response. Also, to thank you for choosing us for location of choice for your sleeping needs.

I want to apologize for your restless night as you expressed in your statement in room 2000. We have yet to receive complaint about our Laundry area disturbing any room in the hotel. We have looked into the situation and made some changes that will prevent any future disturbances. Hopefully when you join us again you will not endure a sleepless night.

Again we thank you for taking the Trip Advisor survey! It is guests like you that can only make us improve our service to better assist our guest in having a comfortable stay.

Hudson, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2011

I was very disappointed with our last stay at this Holiday Inn Express. We have stayed here before with no problems and were pleased in the past. However, this time the room wasn't all that clean (cut toenail on floor in front of sofa, vacuuming along the edges of the rooms should be done or it's noticeable). The main complaint we have is that nowhere does this hotel state that it allows pets in all its rooms. After being barked at by a dog in the next room I asked politely at the desk what the policy was about pets. The not-so-friendly staff told me it was a pet-friendly hotel and pets were allowed in all rooms. They said it was stated so on the website. I have been to the website several times and nowhere do I find any statement regarding pets. Also, if one has asthma and is very allergic to cats and dogs one should not be staying in a room that has had a pet in it. When I mentioned this the staff told us, "We clean very well." (toenails? debris along the room edges?) Cleaning for an allergic person means cleaning EVERYTHING (furniture, pillows, beds, etc). Staying in this hotel put me at risk, a risk that I was unaware of, and we will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: Be aware that they allow pets in every room, so, if you are allergic be careful.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank J D
HolidayInnExpressOsh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oshkosh-SR 41, responded to this review, 3 January 2012
Hello,

I am the General Manager of the Holiday Inn Express-Oshkosh. I am so glad you choose to stay with us time and time again! I have read your comments and wanted to apologize about the issues that you stated during your stay.

Our hotel is a pet friendly hotel as most Holiday Inn brands are. We are listed as a pet friendly hotel on our hotel website (the section where there is a check mark by "pets" refers to us allowing pets at our location). We try to keep all pets on the first floor for easy access to the outdoors, but sometimes guests with pets will stay on the second floor depending on availability. After a guest has checked out of a room with a pet, our Housekeeping and Maintanence team go in and deep clean the room. The room is then ozonated for anything left over for a final cleanse. We do those procedures so guests with allergies such as yourself can have no worries in the room.

We have not had an issue with edge vaccuming in our rooms before and I thank you for your concern. We routinely edge vaccum all of our rooms in a timely fashion. Our Executive Housekeeper has looked into your comments in detail and has re-inspected the room that you stayed in and also the rest of the hotel rooms for signs of small debris. Also, all of our bedding is cleaned and refreshed daily.

The Front Desk is aware of our pet policy. I do apologize if you felt they were coming across in a negative way, but are happy to have pets in our hotel for our pet lover guests. We also do have a concern for the guest who may have an allergic reaction to pets who may want to stay at our hotel. Therefore, the front desk does take pride in our staff that our rooms are cleaned and prepared for incoming guests at anytime.

If you would like to discuss this further I would be hapy to speak with you at anytime. Our staff does hope that you will come back and join us again. We do appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and hope that you will join us again in the future.

Kevin Johnson

The entire staff and I have read your review on Trip Advisor.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

Way overpriced for the value. Non-friendly staff, inconvenient entrance (no electric doors), below average breakfast.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HGI-Mayfaire
HolidayInnExpressOsh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oshkosh-SR 41, responded to this review, 15 November 2011
Hello Hilton Garden Inn!

I am Kevin Johnson, the General Manager of the Holiday Inn Express in Oshkosh. I'm glad you had the opportunity to stay at our hotel. We usually do not have Hilton Garden Inn staff or affiliates stay at our Holiday Inn Express being that there is a Hilton Garden Inn property in the area, so I am so happy to hear that you decided to stay with us!

Our rates at the hotel fit in with the high demand in our area and meet up with the other lodging properties around our location. Oshkosh is a very busy city in Wisconsin for business, leisure, and pleasure with all of the conventions and special events that are held.

I do apologize if you felt as if our staff was not up to par in customer service. We pride ourselves with our strong work ethic and great customer service feedback we receive on-line and in-house. Our hotel is known for its traditional and at home feel. The standard manual doors is a reflection of that style. Our deluxe complimentary breakfast includes sausage, bacon, biscuits/ gravy, eggs, toast, muffins, cereal, oatmeal, juice bar and many other items. Also, the breakfast was just refreshed this year with a new Pancake Machine, the only one our area and our guests enjoy them as if they were made freshly in their own home!

I hope that you will decide to stay with us again in the future! I am sure your stay will be enjoyable. I would like to discuss the details of your previous stay to get a better understanding of the service you received. Please contact me at anytime at the hotel directly.

St. Paul
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2011

I was surprised that this was a Trip Advisor picked hotel for 2011. Bed was comfortable; room was spacious; exercise room was good enough however overall feel of the hotel is outdated...decor; carpet...it needs some TLC...people are nice and breakfast was good.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank BriN188
HolidayInnExpressOsh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oshkosh-SR 41, responded to this review, 20 October 2011
Hello,

I am Kevin Johnson, The General Manager of the Holiday Inn Express in Oshkosh, WI. I want to thank you for taking the time out to complete a Trip Advisor survey!

Your warm comments about our staff's kindness and our new deluxe breakfast will be shared with the entire staff. They love to hear great feedback from our guests!

The hotel's decor is known for its classical and vintage feel throughout the lobby and hallways. Also, our hotel guest rooms were remodeled with new bed linens/style, furniture, and newly remodeled bathrooms with a modern decor.

We hope that you will stay with us again in the future and enjoy our hotel staff''s services and deluxe complimentry breakfast!