“Loved it!!!”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Oshkosh
Phoenix, Arizona
“Loved it!!!”
Reviewed 30 June 2011

Very clean!!! Very comfy bed, pillows, great C. breakfast with waffles, etc., good coffee, front desk, - all great! Golf course behind the hotel which gave us a nice view if your room is in the back. Two Brothers cafe next door had great food with a discount if you show your hotel key. Only stayed one night but would have been very happy to stay longer. Free internet. Believe me, I've stayed at The Westin, Sheraton, JW Marriott, etc. This is not as fancy but we were happy with the value, cleanliness. I think it is dog friendly also.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Waukon, Iowa
Reviewed 17 March 2011

Had a great nights sleep, heating unit was slow to kick in, but overall stay was great, and the right price, will definetly be staying again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Plymouth, WI
Reviewed 27 February 2011

This hotel seemed very similar to the Hyatt we stayed at in Chicago, except the coffee in the room here at the La Quinta was fresher. The breakfast was INCREDIBLE. It's a continental breakfast with no waiter or waitress in sight, yet the food included hot and cold cereal, yogurt, waffles you could make in their automatic waffle maker, coffee, juices, fruits, muffins, bagels and cream cheese, toast, hard boiled eggs, and probably more, but I can't think of it all.

There is some frugality at work here, which I admired; that's how you keep costs down. When we checked in, the lobby person had been working at cleaning (she left a mop and pail to take care of us). There is a note in rooms that you can contact the desk for anything you need and they will be happy to get it for you. The room did not have the sterilized glass with paper cover that was at the Hyatt, but I was sure that I could get one if I asked. The breakfast had margarine instead of butter, and non dairy creamer instead of half and half for the coffee. But the fruits were attractive and fresh and the service area for the food was immaculate and tended by a young woman we saw working there while we were eating.

The cable tv service had a lot of channels; there was a computer available in the lobby so we could check our mail even though we didn't bring our laptop. The staff was very courteous and friendly. All in all, I was amazed.

One thing that I thought I should add: this is a nice family-friendly hotel that welcomes pets. If you're elderly and sleep light you might notice that. And you might notice that the fan that circulates heat into the room turns on and off kind of noisy.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 6 February 2011

I was looking for a pet friendly hotel and Oshkosh that was $100 or less. I almost stayed somewhere else that was more expensive and started looking at reviews and quickly changed my mind to LaQuinta--I am SO glad I stayed here! From my first contact calling about rates and check in/out times the staff was cheery, helpful and friendly. The location is right off the free way. The room superceeded my expectations! Clean, smelled good (even bathroom was sparkling!)--not a hit of dog smell or hair anywhere!! Check in was quick and friendly. Great personality of the front desk throughout the entire stay! I did my bed bug homework (reviews, asked staff, throughly inspected the room) Not a bug of anykind in sight! Soft clean beds, even the exterior of the hotel was plowed nice (its been snowing) covered drop off, I was even given a location choice (1st floor or second, by the lobby or at the end of the hall etc) My dog stayed free (and no feces unpicked up on the grounds anywhere). The free wi-fi was nice and i called when i couldnt right away connect (no fault of the hotel my ancient computer was to blame) and they had technical support call me almost immediatly and walk me through the connection. The water pressure on the shower was better then mine at home (and the water was soft)! Breakfast in the morning was fantasic! Malted waffle maker (fresh and homeade), fresh fruit, muffins, bagels, eggs, coffee, juice, coffee, toast, yogert and someone constantly wiping down the counter and refilling to ensure everything was available to every guest. It was a perfect night! I will most certainly seek out a LaQuinta everytime I travel dog or no dog. I applaude them for making my stay wonderful!!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
Arlington Heights, Illinois
Reviewed 20 August 2009

My trip to Oshkosh wasn't planned so I couldn't get a good deal, I made reservation at this hotel and I wasn't sure I'm doing the right thing, it was my first time in a 2 star hotel!!
When we got there the room was super clean the staff were super nice and the free breakfast (good breakfast) and free wireless high speed in your room!!! What do you need more, I paid $55 a night and got all that, that was great.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
MI
Reviewed 21 July 2008

The hotel is currently getting renovated and it’s really getting cleaned up. The outside of the building, common areas, and a few rooms are brand new. We ended up staying in a room that hadn't been renovated just yet, but it was large and clean. It met our needs for a single night stay. The hotel is located close to the freeway so it’s convenient for travel; it’s just very hard to make a left turn at rush hour.

The staff was very nice and new a lot about the area. They sent us to a park on the water with a free zoo for the kids to entertain themselves and the EAA (plane) museum. We ended up having a very nice day in Oshkosh due to the helpful staff. We would stay here again next time we are in town.

• Liked — Helpful staff
  • Disliked — older room
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
In da U.P.
Reviewed 29 December 2007

This place has seen a number of hotel chain names on it. Most recently La Quinta. They did a whitewash of the lobby, but the rooms are what was there in the past. Mattresses exceeded their useful life years ago. The heaters, which are newer, are loud, to the point that it can wake you up during the night. We simply turned it off till morning.
Typical breakfast items, but not one piece of fruit.
At $49 for two it is hard to complain. I would stay again simply for the price.
Proximity to US 41 is a plus.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — old mattresses
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)