All reviews hot tub pool area evening reception state bowling tournament room was clean front desk staff wonderful hotel breakfast was excellent a nice place to stay checking in comfortable stay convenient location cookies yogurt freeway housekeeping dust
Reviewed August 27, 2016

Hotel staff were professional and courteous. Room & pool area were clean. Good selection for breakfast. Our room keys did not work the second day we were there, but the staff reprogrammed them promptly.

Date of stay: August 2016
Katie A, General Manager at Comfort Suites Oshkosh, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay. I am so happy to hear that you had an enjoyable experience. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the area!

Reviewed August 9, 2016

I am always skeptical of hotel websites and pictures, finding that they often post their best company photos when the reality is much different. This hotel was clean, up-to-date and quiet. I didn't feel the need to sanitize the room before I put my bag down, so that was nice. Staff was great and the overall stay very positive. I'd definitely stay here again.

Room tip: I asked for a room away from highway and I got it. Also brought a dog and they were very dog-friendly.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Katie A, General Manager at Comfort Suites Oshkosh, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. I am so happy to hear you had an enjoyable stay! We really appreciate the kind words and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 8, 2016

Upon check in on Sunday night, I presented my debit card for payment. On Thursday, I was locked out of my room. My debit card was declined. My bank wasn't open to question it (7:30pm) so I put it on a credit card. After I left on Friday, the hotel ran my debit card again for another amount. I called on Saturday morning to question it because it differed from the first amount. The staff couldn't see the amount and said they didn't doubt I was charged, but that I would have to call back on Monday to talk to a manager. I asked that they leave a message for the manager to call me back on Monday at work. I called my bank on Monday, they told me that the expiration date was entered incorrectly which is why it was declined. SO I SUFFERED EMBARRASSMENT AND STRESS BECAUSE SOME IDIOT COULDN'T enter it correctly, but I was assured they tried several times (the bank confirmed they entered the same wrong expiration date each time). Someone did call me on Monday and assured me that my debit card would be credited back for the $381.10 (after I faxed a copy of my checking account records to PROVE they had charged me). No one could explain the charges or why they were two different amounts. My guess is that it was another mistake on their end, but who knows? The Tuesday after I talked to the manager, I found I was charged a duplicate of the second amount which took my checking account negative because they charged me over $1,200 on top of the initial amount they put on the other credit card. It was finally straightened out a month later with no thanks to anyone there. There was also an alcove that had mold in on the wall and ceiling where it looked like they must have had an ice machine at some point in the past. I wrote a complaint via the 'Contact Us' link via their website, but I never heard back from anyone. I will NEVER stay at another CHOICE hotel if I can help it.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this online survey. I am extremely sorry that you had this experience. I assure you this is not the norm at this property, and we will be doing some additional training to ensure this never happens again. I understand how frustrated you must have been, and am glad to hear that it did eventually get resolved in the end. Again, I am sincerely sorry that this happened, and if there is anything else we can do for you, please let me know.

Reviewed August 8, 2016

We came in for 4 days to see the city and were greeted by Amber who was more than helpful who gave us printout maps of various sites we had chosen to see. She plied us with a map of Oshkosh, which was greatly appreciated as we had never been here before. This hotel is centrally located along a frontage road with more than enough restaurants to choose from, the movie theater and quick access to Interstate 41.

The rooms are very nice size, the beds exceedingly comfy and the breakfasts have a large variety of items to choose from. They also have a managers reception during weekday evenings with a charming hostess. We would certainly stay here again!

Room tip: away from the pool
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am so happy to hear that Amber was able to help you with your Oshkosh visit. It is always a little stressful learning to navigate a new city, so I am pleased to hear we were able to help. Thank you for the kind words, I will be sure to share this with the rest of my staff. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the area!

Reviewed August 7, 2016 via mobile

The rooms seem somewhat dated and furniture has seen better days. The room air conditioner was quite loud making sleeping somewhat difficult. Bathroom fan is noisy also. TV was good and a nice selection of channels. Breakfast was average and typical free breakfast. Staff was pleasant.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Katie A, General Manager at Comfort Suites Oshkosh, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2016

Hi Jim,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am sorry to hear you had a noisy air conditioner unit and bathroom fan. I assure you this is not the norm, so we will be sure to take a look at these items in your room and get them repaired right away. I appreciate you letting us know.
I'm glad to hear you had a pleasant experience with our staff and hope you will give us another opportunity to provide you with superior service and accommodations, the next time you are in the area. Thank you again, and we hope to see you soon.