All reviewschoice hotelsreception deskpassing thruevening receptionstate bowling tournamenttwo queen bedsfreshly baked cookiesnice breakfastroom was cleana nice place to staygood nights sleepworking ordercomfortable stayconvenient locationeasy accesshighwayhousekeeping
Reviewed October 21, 2016

Although we were not made to feel welcome on arrival, and there were some minor housekeeping issues, we would come back again. The breakfast service was good and morning front desk personnel were very nice.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Katie A, General Manager at Comfort Suites Oshkosh, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent stay. I am so sorry to hear your initial experience was not a positive one. I have spoken with my staff to ensure we are providing the very best customer service we can. We pride ourselves in the service and accommodations we provide, so I am pleased to hear that things were turned around for you and you enjoyed the rest of your stay. Thank you again for your time and feedback, and we hope to see you on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed September 3, 2016 via mobile

The suite room we got is spacious enough for six. A bit outdated, but everything in working order. Service is ok. Bathroom clean and plenty of towels.
But the bed is sagging in the middle and lumpy. It's too soft! Very uncomfortable. Perhaps it's just the bed in my room. Oh, well.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Katie A, General Manager at Comfort Suites Oshkosh, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience. I'm happy to hear you had a pleasant stay. I'm sorry your bed was not as comfortable as you had hoped. We will see about getting the mattress replaced in that room, because that is not a normal occurrence at this property. We really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Thank you again and we hope to see you on your next visit to the Oshkosh area.

Reviewed August 27, 2016

Hotel staff were professional and courteous. Room & pool area were clean. Good selection for breakfast. Our room keys did not work the second day we were there, but the staff reprogrammed them promptly.

Stayed: August 2016
Katie A, General Manager at Comfort Suites Oshkosh, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay. I am so happy to hear that you had an enjoyable experience. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the area!

Reviewed August 9, 2016

I am always skeptical of hotel websites and pictures, finding that they often post their best company photos when the reality is much different. This hotel was clean, up-to-date and quiet. I didn't feel the need to sanitize the room before I put my bag down, so that was nice. Staff was great and the overall stay very positive. I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I asked for a room away from highway and I got it. Also brought a dog and they were very dog-friendly.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Katie A, General Manager at Comfort Suites Oshkosh, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. I am so happy to hear you had an enjoyable stay! We really appreciate the kind words and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 8, 2016

Upon check in on Sunday night, I presented my debit card for payment. On Thursday, I was locked out of my room. My debit card was declined. My bank wasn't open to question it (7:30pm) so I put it on a credit card. After I left on Friday, the hotel ran my debit card again for another amount. I called on Saturday morning to question it because it differed from the first amount. The staff couldn't see the amount and said they didn't doubt I was charged, but that I would have to call back on Monday to talk to a manager. I asked that they leave a message for the manager to call me back on Monday at work. I called my bank on Monday, they told me that the expiration date was entered incorrectly which is why it was declined. SO I SUFFERED EMBARRASSMENT AND STRESS BECAUSE SOME IDIOT COULDN'T enter it correctly, but I was assured they tried several times (the bank confirmed they entered the same wrong expiration date each time). Someone did call me on Monday and assured me that my debit card would be credited back for the $381.10 (after I faxed a copy of my checking account records to PROVE they had charged me). No one could explain the charges or why they were two different amounts. My guess is that it was another mistake on their end, but who knows? The Tuesday after I talked to the manager, I found I was charged a duplicate of the second amount which took my checking account negative because they charged me over $1,200 on top of the initial amount they put on the other credit card. It was finally straightened out a month later with no thanks to anyone there. There was also an alcove that had mold in on the wall and ceiling where it looked like they must have had an ice machine at some point in the past. I wrote a complaint via the 'Contact Us' link via their website, but I never heard back from anyone. I will NEVER stay at another CHOICE hotel if I can help it.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this online survey. I am extremely sorry that you had this experience. I assure you this is not the norm at this property, and we will be doing some additional training to ensure this never happens again. I understand how frustrated you must have been, and am glad to hear that it did eventually get resolved in the end. Again, I am sincerely sorry that this happened, and if there is anything else we can do for you, please let me know.