All reviewschoice hotelsreception deskpassing thruevening receptionstate bowling tournamenttwo queen bedsfreshly baked cookiesnice breakfastroom was cleana nice place to staygood nights sleepworking ordercomfortable stayconvenient locationeasy accesshighwayhousekeeping
Reviewed February 22, 2017

Truth be told, I don't stay at many Comfort Suites. Having been tied to "other" hotel chains and their loyalty programs. But on my trip to Oshkosh, I couldn't justify paying 50 more dollars a night and on TripAdvisor, this property was ranked several places higher. And that ranking wasn't wrong. It's a Suite property. My room was huge. Two queen beds and a sitting area with a chair and couch. Room was very clean. Very little wear showing. Heating and cooling worked as it should. Bed was comfortable. Exterior was also clean. Front desk folks, super nice. Breakfast had a good selection. On my stay, there was a waffle maker, french toast, bacon, sausage, eggs and a big bowl of good salsa. 3 types of fruit, breads, cereals, two types of yougurt, etc. Woman working the breakfast was very nice. Food was all cooked well and the dining area was very clean. She was on top of her game with the food area. All in all a great stay

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Katie A, General Manager at Comfort Suites Oshkosh, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to share about your recent stay. I am so happy to hear that you had such a positive experience. I will be sure to share your comments with the rest of my staff. We appreciate your time and hope to see you again on your next visit to the Oshkosh area.

Reviewed February 7, 2017

We stayed at the Comfort Suites in Oshkosh, WI recently. The facility is nicely appointed, our bed was comfortable and seemed to have everything we would want. After a looong day of traveling we were ready to drop into bed. My daughter pulled back the covers on one of the beds and there were clipped toenails and somebody's hair on the sheets. Disgusting! I gave her the option of sleeping with me in the clean bed or trying to move to another room. She decided since she was so tired, she would simply sleep with me. On another note, I do not agree that it is good hotel policy to require the guest to ask that the safe fee be removed from their bill upon checkout should they not use the in-room safe. I feel that this is a gimmick for the hotel to make a few extra bucks because I would bet that most customers forget to ask for the fee to be removed.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Katie A, General Manager at Comfort Suites Oshkosh, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. Please allow me to sincerely apologize on behalf of my entire staff for your recent experience. I assure you, this is not a normal occurrence at this property, and I am so sorry that this happened. I have spoken with my housekeeping staff, and the appropriate steps have been taken to ensure this NEVER happens again. If you would like to discuss this further, I welcome you to contact me directly. Again, I am so sorry and I hope you will give us another opportunity to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed November 14, 2016 via mobile

Room size was good, liked that there was room and seating for 7 of us to gather. Pool and hot tub area were nice although the pool got colder each day which was disappointing. The front desk did not acknowledge our comings and goings, our room was not serviced after the first night. If you aren't going to make my bed, vacume and empty the garbage, tell me. After a day out we had to clean up before having our friends over.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Katie A, General Manager at Comfort Suites Oshkosh, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments on your recent stay. I am so sorry to hear that you did not receive service after your first night. This is certainly not the normal service we provide. I have spoken with my housekeeping department to troubleshoot this issue and have been assured this will not happen again moving forward. I really appreciate you letting us know and hope you will give us another opportunity to provide you with superior service on your next visit to the area.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 10, 2016 via mobile

I am not a big choice hotel guy first off. Room was dirty, gosh knows what was on the wall behind the night stand. Hair in the shower, think it was pubic. Bed does need to be changed, leaning tower of Oshkosh. BUT the thing that bothers me the most. Why would you charge me $2 as a SAFE FEE? What the hell is a safe fee? I don't care about the $2 but do have a problem with adding fees for no reason. Charge more for your rooms not sneak in some BS fee.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Please allow me to apologize for the cleanliness of your room. I have spoken with my housekeeping staff, and we are providing additional training to ensure all of these items are addressed. In regards to the safe fee, we provide a safe service in the rooms for the convenience and additional security of our guests. If the safe is not used in the room, we will remove this fee immediately. I am so sorry that this was not explained to you during your registration process, we certainly are not trying to hide anything from you. I have spoken with my front desk staff to ensure this is being communicated fully to all of our guests.

Thank you again for your feedback, and I hope you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a more positive experience in the future.

Reviewed October 21, 2016

Although we were not made to feel welcome on arrival, and there were some minor housekeeping issues, we would come back again. The breakfast service was good and morning front desk personnel were very nice.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent stay. I am so sorry to hear your initial experience was not a positive one. I have spoken with my staff to ensure we are providing the very best customer service we can. We pride ourselves in the service and accommodations we provide, so I am pleased to hear that things were turned around for you and you enjoyed the rest of your stay. Thank you again for your time and feedback, and we hope to see you on your next visit to the area.