“Above average Super 8”

Super 8 Platteville
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Platteville
Reviewed 13 July 2010

My wife and I stayed here for four nights in May 2010 to visit my family. The room price is a little high for a Super 8...we paid 75.00 a night. The room had a queen bed, TV with digital cable box....plenty of channels to choose from. I liked the soap dispenser in the shower instead of having bar soap. The staff was very friendly, we had "Do not disturb" sign up the entire stay, and the maid never bothered us. On the day of check out, the manager allowed us to check out late.

Our room had a sliding glass door, which was a first for a hotel room that I've experienced. Some rooms had two stories and a balcony for $130.00 a night.

The bedspread needed to be washed, as it had a smell to it... so we removed it from the bed. Hopefully this was an isolated problem.

The high speed internet was not functional from our room. We were in another building that is down the hill from the main hotel. In order for me to get a Wi Fi signal, I had to walk up the hill until I could actually check my email, etc. This was a problem and the front desk didn't know what to do. Another guest was out in the yard trying to get a signal for his laptop, also.

In conclusion, it was a good experience, but the price could be about 20 bucks lower...I can't really see why the room was almost 80 dollars a night. Also, they need to extend their wireless internet range to cover the building at the bottom of the hill on their property.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 July 2010

This Platteville Super 8 is clean, well-maintained, and even the room furniture seems a bit nice than the average Super 8.

Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 August 2009

I live in MO and my grandchildren are in Green Bay so at least once a yr I drive up and always stop here at the SUPER 8. The first yr I went I stayed in the back building and it is very nice. Because I am kind of a penny pincher I usually stay in the front building which has pretty typical rooms. The back building is nicer. What I like about this motel is the setting. There is a very nice walking trail in back which winds thru the woods. I have not stayed in other motels in Platteville so can't compare but I do like this motel.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 June 2009

This is one of the "good" Super 8 motels. I have stayed in some which are not very nice, but this one is well maintained, clean, with friendly staff. It is one of only a couple of hotels in Platteville and is both a 2 minute drive from the University and old downtown.

There is a continental breakfast with rolls, donuts, coffee, and juice. Nothing fancy and only 2 tables/chairs, but about as expected. There are several fast-food and sit-down restaurants within walk distance. It is located at corner of two main roads (80 & 81) so a busy cross intersection. My wife and I ate at Pizza Uno - this one is not like the franchise ones in big cities. Definitely a college type food place. Very cool.

The room cleaning did start early, so if you want to sleep-in be sure to put out the do not disturb sign.

Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2009

The staff was absolutely wonderful, the rooms had recently been remodeled and painted, so everything seemed fresh and new. Beautiful park like setting. I'm not sure what any negative reviews could have been about!!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2007

There are 2 buildings. The one in the back is where you want to stay. It's big and quiet and comfortable. It was new and clean and the check in was a snap. We did not have breakfast at the hotel even though they did offer a continental but the Country Kitchen just 2 blocks away was very good. The price was right and the stay was better then most. We were in Platteville for a wedding. Some friends stayed at the Gov Dodge Hotel. They said it was run down and smelly. I really enjoyed the Super 8. So will you.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
Minneapolis
Reviewed 7 September 2005

The toilet was "full" when we arrived and took four flushes to clear. When we called the front desk, we were told there was no one to clean up, no maintanance staff to fix the toilet and no other room available. Suspicious, we checked the bed and found the sheets clearly had not been changed (additional "eww"). We turned around, checked out and won't be back.

• Stayed: September 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Platteville
0.2 km away
33.6 km away
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Dubuque
32.2 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Galena IL

Been to Super 8 Platteville? Share your experiences!