“The best escargot”

Cimaroli's Supper Club
Ranked #1 of 59 Restaurants in Portage
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Located in the country in a very peaceful setting. Family owned and operated with quality and service that you will love.
Reviewed March 10, 2017

Visited on a Tuesday night at 6:30 and could sit right down. Cimaroli's is known for their inexpensive drinks (especially their old fashions) and flat iron steaks. We had wonderful escargot in a butter sauce with its crusty cheese topping and toasted French bread. Delicious! We also shared the special that night - flat iron steak tips that had a ton of mushrooms, onions and and tips for $12.95. The steak was very tender and done perfectly. The service was super-fast and the staff were very friendly. This restaurant is very economical. It's a great value for what you get and the food is very delicious and done well.

1  Thank Dawn E

Reviewed March 7, 2017

Enjoyed our first trip to Cimaroli's. Great Old Fashioneds and quite reasonably priced.
We had tenderloin medallions known as Hanus ala Ron(?). Delicious tender meat smothered in mushrooms and onions. My husband had the flat iron steak after reading the great reviews and was not disappointed. The food was served quickly and very hot. My only complaint was that some of the typical Supper Club features were not included. There was no relish tray and there was an up-charge for a green salad or soup. But we decided to add a side of shrimp to the entree instead of the salad. Our server was very nice and quite attentive. We will be back.

1  Thank Trixies-MomandDad
Reviewed February 20, 2017

I am from Minneapolis. I was in Portage a few years ago and stumbled upon Cimarolis by accident and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I made a note that if I ever was in the Portage area again I would revisit. Last Friday I made it and it was just as I remembered it. The atmosphere is tremendous, a great crowd, live music and fabulously low prices.
Waited an hour for a table but joined in at the bar with the local people and drank "Old Fashioneds". The food was excellent, the flat iron steaks are good value and others in my group went for the Fish Fry. Cant wait to make my 3rd visit.
Dick G

Reviewed February 18, 2017

We had to wait over an hour for a table as they don't take reservations but enjoyed several drinks and visited with our group of eight. We were forewarned of the long wait for a table so that was no big deal. It was a very busy night and the place was standing room only when we walked in. The drinks at the bar were 2/3s the price of most supper clubs. Our group of 8 had no complaints on the quality of the food.

Reviewed February 13, 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed a delicious old fashioned, and appetizers.Sat back in a comfy chair and really enjoyed the live music.Lovely evening.Staff was fabulous!