“Friday night Fish Fry”

Owl's Nest
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Poynette
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We go mainly for the fish fry. I prefer the breaded fish over the beer batter. If you don't like rye bread you can request some very good dinner rolls. It's usually pretty busy on friday evenings.

1  Thank Needsmoretimeoff_12

Reviewed 19 April 2013

Our entire family LOVES this place. Mainly for the food, the fish fry and the blooming onion are our favorites. Although the set up is old fashioned, the salad bar is pretty small too, but the food is Excellent! Definately worth a try.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Great fish fry, wonderful prime rib and onion rings. I'v been coming to the Owl's Nest (under various owner/s/managers) for about 60 years! Glad to say that after a few bad years, the quality has returned and it's again a delcious restaurant -- and one that is special to me!

1  Thank Suzanne M
Reviewed 31 December 2012

Old style supper club atmosphere that can't be beat. We have tried other place's fish fry but we keep going back to the good old Owl's nest. I don't think we have ever had a bad meal there and we have been patrons for 20 plus years. That includes more than just the fish fry. Great drinks, food, staff and service!

Reviewed 5 November 2012 via mobile

I've been here 3 times now and last week the fish fry was very disappointing. It had a bad fishy taste to it and was pretty greasy. The French fries were also kind of soggy. Not saying don't try it but not sure if I will eat there again.