“Excellent Breakfast”

Roberts Roost
Ranked #19 of 251 Restaurants in Racine
Price range: US$6 - US$12
Cuisines: American
Description: The Roost specializes in breakfast favorites like fluffy buttermilk pancakes and Eggs Benedict in addition to a new and innovative daily special. Located in quaint Downtown Racine, Roberts Roost was voted Racine's Best Breakfast by the Journal Times this year.
Reviewed 2 January 2016

We had a fifteen minute wait for a table, but not so bad to warrant a 4 star review. From when we got a table it was all excellent.
The table was cleared and laid with a fresh festive table cloth. The service was friendly and attentive, including the offer of a drink while we were waiting.
The coffee was so good I was able to drink it black, and it came with everlasting refills. I chose eggs with hash brown and currant bread, which came with raspberry jam.
Meanwhile Ann had pancakes with blueberries and crispy bacon. The pancake was really light and fluffy.
I am looking forward to our next visit, when I may choose the Roost Benedict.

2  Thank MikePendray

Reviewed 15 December 2015

Roberts Roost was mentioned to us by a couple we met recently and it sounded like we should give it try. The place is rather small, but we were fortunate to get a table quickly. The atmosphere is comfortable and we enjoyed looking at the various decorations. The wait staff is great. Very friendly and pleasant to talk to. We ordered our food and the wait wasn't long. I had ordered two pancakes and had debated as too how much I wanted in sides. I'm glad I decided to go with just bacon because the pancakes were huge! They covered the entire plate and my first thought was I'd never be able to finish them, but they were light, fluffy, and so tasty, I had no problem. Both of us enjoyed our meal and look forward to returning.

Reviewed 10 December 2015 via mobile

Roberts Roost is hands-down the BEST breakfast you will find in Racine. I normally stick with a basic bacon eggs hash Browns & toast breakfast. But here, I try something different every time - and it is always great. Today's special was egg nog French toast, and with a couple of perfect plump link sausages this did not disappoint. I have tried a Mexican omelette, several different and unusual pancake specials, and now I just skip the menu and go for whatever us on the chalkboard for the day. My wife raves about the biscuits & gravy so if you like that sort of thing, it comes higjly recommended. This place also has terrific ambiance, with old, exposed brick walls, nice hardwood floors, great service. Check it out - "where the chicks run the roost."

1  Thank DaBobinator
Reviewed 27 October 2015

Great standard breakfast fare - also great Bloody Mary's!!

Get there early though - or you'll wait for a table!

1  Thank A1moreSue
Reviewed 21 October 2015

Have always had a great breakfast here. Friendly serie and good standard breakfast food. It is a small place, so you may have to wait a bit. Try the donuts, yummy!