“Great breakfast”

Red Onion Cafe
Ranked #22 of 255 Restaurants in Racine
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: The Red Onion Cafe prides itself as offering the downtown Racine business community a more upscale option for both breakfast and lunch. Offering a range of sandwiches, salads and home-made soups, the Red Onion Cafe is a great option for a quality, quick lunch. Also, with full espresso bar service and 20 gourmet omelet options, the Red Onion Cafe is a great place to enjoy a hearty, start-your-day breakfast before heading to work.
Reviewed September 9, 2015

This our go to place for breakfast in Racine. Consistent and large variety of omelets. Their quiche is also very good.

Reviewed August 25, 2015

Quick summary: the menu is mostly sandwiches, soups, and salads, Very well-crafted. Reasonable prices for excellent quality. Sunny, airy room.

My husband and I stopped in for lunch. The menu is mostly a range of hot and cold sandwiches, excellent homemade soups, and salads. There is usually a specialty item -- quiche on the day we went. There is also a burger and good vegetarian options.

Portions are a good size, so we split a sandwich combo that comes with a large soft drink and choice of cup of soup, chips, or salad of the day (pasta salad when we were there.) We split an excellent grilled Tuscan sandwich with nice greens on it. I had the cup of vegetarian chili with the "package," which was very nicely spiced. To round out lunch for him, my husband had a bowl of the creamy chicken andouille gumbo. Everything was fresh-tasting, well-seasoned, and delish.

There is also the option of a half sandwich and cup of soup, if you are on your own.

Sunny, airy dining room.

Friendly, nice service -- order at the counter, and your order will be delivered to the table. To note: the menus are in an unobtrusive basket near the register. I often hear people asking where the menus are.

Very reasonable prices for the quality served.

Good coffee and pastries for breakfast hours.

So why not four stars? I can quickly get tired of sandwiches, even well-prepared ones like these, and I like to have more than soup for lunch, even the generous bowl that can be ordered here. If I could trust that they'd have a quiche I'd like, or a little more variety...

So, I'm sure I'll be back, but I have to be in the mood for a sandwich.

Reviewed July 12, 2015

Great lunch spot, a little slow but worth the wait! Both times we have had great food! First choice for lunch!

Reviewed April 19, 2015 via mobile

Their ham chowder was delicious!!!
My sandwich was good, fresh, and tasty ;)
I enjoy walking down for lunch. The sandwich & soup combos cost under $10
And it's a great alternative to fast food

1  Thank corndogsmom
Reviewed January 2, 2015 via mobile

This place gets packed!! Fresh food!
Sandwiches and soups and salads
This will become a regular place for me to grab lunch!!
I enjoyed my soup and my pita was filled with chicken and bacon and fresh veggies!

Been to Red Onion Cafe? Share your experiences!