All reviews yogurt scrambled eggs and sausage links front desk easy chair entire room night's sleep needed a place to stay hot tub spent one night reasonable rates other hotels would stay here again comfortable bed clean rooms business trip walmart pillows
Reviewed July 31, 2017

We spent a couple of days at this motel in the middle of the week, and had a good night's sleep - clean room and comfortable bed. The room size was good, furnished with easy chair, desk & chair, refrigerator & microwave, folding luggage stand, iron, etc. The bathroom was spacious with nice large sink counter, and plenty of nice plush towels. The shower head needed to be cleaned out of calcium, since it tended to spray all over and could not be adjusted. All the staff were helpful, but not overly friendly, and at times were not available due to taking their smoke breaks outside. It's nice that management allows them to bring their children to work. Breakfast was the common Choice Hotel variety, tasty and well stocked. The hot portion, scrambled eggs and sausage links were very good, but the same both days. A nice variety of yogurt and both skim and 2% milk, fresh fruit, waffle maker, cereal and sweets. Get there early, though - during the summer months the families with children tended to diminish things rapidly. There is a nice pool area and spa, but no exercise room. They will provide a voucher for a local fitness center, but that's pretty inconvenient if you just want to do a little exercising a the end of your travels or first thing in the morning before breakfast. They have a computer in the lobby for use, but the internet is slow and it kept timing out. The location is convenient to downtown, shopping and restaurants. Overall I would rate them an B+ and would probably stay again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Steve L, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2017

Thank you for taking your time to fill out a review. I do appreciate all the compliments that you gave us and I will let the staff know about them. I also see that you had some issues and these are ares that I will focus and see that improvement is made. I do appreciate that you selected us out of the other hotels in the area and when you are back up North I hope to see you staying with us once again. Once again thank you so much for completing a review of the hotel.

Reviewed July 24, 2017

The hotel was clean and very well kept up. The complimentary breakfast was really good (the waffles and pancakes were to die for!). Our only complaint was that it took us over 20 minutes to check in due to the front desk not being staffed. We stood there and rang the bell while the phone rang over and over going unanswered. After about 15 minutes, a voice called that he would be there momentarily, but it was at least another 5 minutes before anyone arrived. During our stay, we never did see anyone at the front desk and just left our room keys upon exit rather than wait again.

Stayed: July 2017
2  Thank wisconsinmommy
Steve L, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2017

I appreciate that you took time to review our hotel. I am glad that you found our hotel clean and that you enjoyed our breakfast that is served here as we are glad that we are able to start guests days off to a good start. I will look into the fact that you had to wait to check in because there was nobody at the front desk. The staff does have other duties that they do have to perform but customer service still has to be number one on the list so again I apologize that you had to wait. Again I thank you for taking your time to complete a review of our hotel and I hope to see you here again when you are in our area.

Reviewed July 18, 2017

Pros: fair price, nice decor, friendly staff, clean, large room, excellent lighting in room, desk, mini frig, easy chair.

Cons: sink did not drain, very slow. There was an ugly bucket and mop sitting near the front desk the whole time we were there. No mop closet?

We would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Steve L, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2017

Thank you for taking your time to do a review of our hotel. I am very proud of this place and the job that our staff does keeping the rooms and the other hotels areas spotless. I am also proud of our staff and how friendly they are to our guests and also how they provide any assistance that the guest may require. I will look into the issue that you had with your drain and I do thank you for pointing it out so that we can get it resolved. Once again thank you for the review and I hope to see you again at the hotel when you are in our area.

Reviewed June 20, 2017 via mobile

We stayed on night in June while traveling through northeast Wisconsin. We particularly enjoyed the microwave and fridge in our room as well as the cleanliness of entire room. My husband LOVED their pillows so much that we are planning to order some online. We highly recommend staying here.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Steve L, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2017

Thank you so much for completing a review of our hotel. I so appreciate the kind things that you had to say as our entire staff here works very hard to make sure this place is spotless and that our guests enjoy staying with us from check in to right up when they depart. Its important to all of us to know we have satisfied our guests and if they are in our area again they would stay with us. Again thank you for your kind words and recommendations and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 18, 2017

Not as nice as the Comfort Inn I stayed at the night before. Price was decent. This particular Comfort Inn needs to be updated a little bit. Wear and tear was evident. Not sure of other hotels in Rhinelander so I can't compare rooms. Would be nice if it was little closer to downtown but it is still within walking distance.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Steve L, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2017

Thank you for taking time to complete a review of our hotel. I do appreciate when guests take the time to do this. Our hotel was renovated about 2 years ago so we are very proud of it. We are in close proximity to the attractions in Rhinelander that people like to visit. I am very glad that you stayed with us and that you took time to do a review. I hope that you will stay with us again when you are in our area.