All reviews yogurt front desk scrambled eggs and sausage links easy chair entire room night's sleep needed a place to stay hot tub reasonable rates other hotels would stay here again comfortable bed clean rooms pillows walmart elevator pros
Reviewed November 14, 2017

I was in town for 1 night and chose to stay at this hotel. The location is convenient and the building is well maintained. The staff is kind and we were even given a complimentary upgrade to a suite! The breakfast is OK, enough to fill me up. The pool areas is very nice!

Room tip: Ask if there are complimentary upgrades!
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Steve L, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2017

Thank you for doing a review of the hotel. I am glad that you found the hotel to be near the points of interest in Rhinelander and that the hotel is well maintained because our staff works hard to keep it that way. I am also happy that you found our staff to be kind and I am extremely pleased that they offered you an upgrade because it is our job to go the extra mile to make our guests happy. I am even pleased that you enjoyed our pool area. Thank you once again for taking your time to do a review of our hotel and I hope to see you back with us when you are in our area.
Steve-General Manager

Reviewed October 18, 2017

Overall, the stay was quite pleasant. We got a suite for slightly over $100, and it had a small refrigerator (not very cold), flat-panel TV, a comfortable bed, and good temp control. They had a small pool and a decent-sized if only tepid jacuzzi. They also had a pleasant if basic breakfast; make your own waffles, etc. My only real beef was with the shower head - a plastic adjustable one that either sprayed water everywhere (including in my eyes) or it came out in a solid column. Otherwise, I got what I was hoping for.

Room tip: Check your shower head when you arrive so they can fix it if needed by the next morning, when you're likely to use it. Or take a bath. :-)
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Steve L, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2017

Thank you for the review of the hotel. I appreciate that you liked your room and that you found it clean and comfortable. I am also pleased that you enjoyed our pool area and got to have a hot breakfast that we provide every morning to our guests. I will check into the shower head that was in your room and I thank you for bringing it to my attention. Thank you for taking your time to complete a review of the hotel and I hope to see you staying with us when you are back in our area.

Reviewed October 17, 2017

The Comfort Inn Rhinelander is a clean, well-maintained property that provides good value for its reasonable rates. The pool and hot tub are kept at comfortable temperatures and convenient. Guest rooms are nicely done and housekeeping seemed very good. The breakfast is standard fare for this type of property. The immediate neighborhood is not all that walkable, since this area of Lincoln Street is a relatively wide commercial corridor with fairly steady traffic and a lot of surface parking immediately adjacent to the street -- not a lot of charm, but fairly typical of street that host things like Home Depot and Wal-Mart. That said, we would put the Comfort Inn on our short list for this market.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Steve L, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2017

Thank you for the review of the hotel. I am so pleased that you found our pool area to be clean and the hot tub to be at the right temperature because our staff spends a lot of time keeping it this way. for our guests. The same care is put into cleaning rooms by our housekeeping staff so I am proud of their effort as well. We are on a busy street and you are right that it can be kind of tough walking to areas of interest but I do believe our proximity to local attractions helps us out with our guests. Once again thank you for taking your time to complete a review of our hotel and I hope to see you back with us when you are in our area.

Reviewed August 11, 2017

My husband and I stopped here for one night on our way to Minneapolis. Prompt , friendly greeting at front desk. Beautiful clean, comfortable room and bath. Would highly recommend.. Good location and fun downtown area.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Steve L, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to do a review of the hotel. I am pleased that when you checked in with us you found our service to be prompt and friendly. Our housekeeping staff does work extremely hard to make sure that our rooms are very clean and I am proud of the job that they do. It is also true that we are close to the downtown which offers visitors to our area some interesting shops to stop and visit. Thank you again for taking your time to complete a review of our hotel and I hope that if you are in our area you will choose to stay with us.

Reviewed August 9, 2017

We stayed in a junior suite for two nights. While it was clean and spacious, our particular room (225) wasn’t well ventilated and had a lot of moisture from the pool and hot tub below.

The AC unit only cooled the bedroom, not the long hallway or large sitting area of the suite, so it was very hot and muggy in our room. The exhaust fan in the bathroom wasn’t working, either.

When we came home, we noticed *all* of our clothing and luggage smelled like mold and mildew.

Additionally, the sofa bed in the room only had a bare mattress. No sheets. We did find a set of sheets in the drawer, but it was frustrating that the bed wasn’t made up.

Breakfast is only served until 9 a.m. (even on weekends). When we went down to the lobby at 8:50 a.m., an employee slammed the door to the breakfast room, trying to keep us out. We actually wanted to speak to the front desk, but nobody was there (it was rarely staffed during our stay). A few minutes later, after waiting at the front desk, we noticed the employee was in the back room, frantically eating a huge breakfast for herself.

Room tip: Avoid Room 225
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Steve L, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2017

Thank you for taking your time to complete a review of the hotel. I apologize that you had the issues that you did when you stayed with us. I do not condone the behavior that you saw when you came down for breakfast and I will check into it. I will also check the room that you stayed in to make sure that any moisture problems are taken care of. I want every guest that stays with us to have a great stay so it's important to me that guests comments are reacted to in a timely manner. Once again I apologize for the issues that you had and I thank you for taking your time to do a review of our hotel.