“Fun place, main bar to visit”
Review of Bar of Wausau

Bar of Wausau
Ranked #5 of 14 Restaurants in Rothschild
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 14, 2016

We are not from Wausau, but decided to stop here while staying at the hotel right across the street. This seemed like the main bar in town, pretty busy for a Saturday night. Older crowd, we felt a little left out. (we are 22).Very fun to have a band playing for entertainment, ok variety of music. Did not eat here, only had drinks. Bartenders service was average. Would come back again if in the area, would consider trying their food next time. Wishing they had more drink specials. Needed a longer experience and more interaction to get a better feel for this place, but it was good for the short time we visited!

Reviewed October 17, 2016

The food was good - definitely recommend the Farmhouse and other burgers, and the Chicken Grande Burrito (the size was definitely "grande", and came out very hot, as the waitress warned) - but, the service was less than stellar.
Visited during the 10/16/16 Packer v. Dallas game after golf. The lot was mostly full, but It was not as busy as we anticipated given the amount of cars in the lot. Still, our party of four waited ten minutes, or more, for service, before I took it upon myself and went to the bar for menus. The waitress showed up a few minutes later, and apologized. Said it was very busy (There were empty tables, and I counted at least three, maybe four waitresses). Waited 5 minutes, or more, for our drinks. Our food came out in timely manner. The waitress didn't stop back to check our drink situation until we had nearly finished our meal and were preparing to leave. Waited 5 minutes for our bills. Signed the credit card receipt, but did not get my credit card back. Several people in our group used the restroom before leaving (The soap dispenser nearest the bathroom door was out of soap), so there was opportunity to get the card to me before we left. Spoke with the general manager via phone the next day when I noticed it missing from my wallet. Thankfully they had it. He offered to mail my credit card (NO!). He said keeping my credit card was "an honest mistake". Had to drive one hour, roundtrip from my office to get my credit card back. There was no offer of "making it right" over the phone. Always willing to give an establishment a 2nd chance, but having serious thoughts about doing that in this case.

Reviewed October 3, 2016 via mobile

Great staff kept glasses full fun place to be...lots of friendly folks....awesome food served hot and fresh...enjoyable...

Reviewed August 23, 2016

Easy to get to from I-39, the facility is huge, with lots of off street parking. You feel welcome as soon as you enter the door. Typical pub grub, but done to perfection and the portion sizes are perfect for the price, especially if you're traveling with nowhere to put that "Box" of leftovers so you don't feel like you're wasting food. The wait staff is friendly and attentive without being overbearing. TV's as you would expect in a sports bar but not overwhelming.

Reviewed August 19, 2016

I've been here a few times now, and each time is no better than the last - slow and inaccurate service and less than average food. The amount of food you receive for the price is small. The only thing going for this place is the selection of beer. However, I'd rather go somewhere where there are only 3 taps but has wonderful service and great food.