“WOWZA! Superb dining and high quality!!”
Review of Bamboo Hut

Bamboo Hut
Ranked #5 of 14 Restaurants in Rothschild
Cuisines: Chinese, Thai
Reviewed August 6, 2018

I look forward to eating here quite often. I usually will go with their deep fired curry fish dinner or pad thai. Both very flavorful and mouth exploding in a balanced salt/sweet/heat levels. I think anything curry there is great. Their basic fried rice dish i exceptional as well. To be honest, I can't get any good fried rice anywhere but theirs is on point. And im looking forward to eating it again.

It's definitely high end or classy. Its a mom and pop shop. Typical asian atmosphere. Nothing fancy but definitely not dumpy. Healthy middle in terms of aesthetics. And its tucked away like a hole-in-the-wall kind of place so if you're not specifically looking you will drive right pass it. I didn't know about it until a friend took me there. Too bad they don't have more of a Facebook presence.

Recommendations: Get the deep fried fish curry meal with the pineapples. YUMMY! Then try their Pad Thai! And lastly, try their Fried rice, the first one on the menu. Oh man, i need some of all of that now. Enjoy!

Reviewed March 19, 2017

My wife and I enjoy Thai restaurants wherever we travel. However we were both stunned by the Bamboo Hut. From the outside it appears as a rundown building, but the inside was very nice with SE Asian decor. The food was fantastic! Curry fish was spicy with a red curry base. The fish was cod. Not a cheap catfish or tilapia. Huge chunks lightly fried. My wife had a vegetarian red curry very mild that a nice mix of very fresh vegetables. Both meals and two vegetarian egg rolls for 22.54. I just wish they were in my hometown because I would be going there tonight.

1  Thank Repsaw
Reviewed January 24, 2017 via mobile

Great thai noodle dishes and curry. Restaurant is quaint but they do great take out. Wausau doesn't have much for curry since little pad thai closed, but all varrieties are surprisingly good here.

2  Thank laurenh743
Reviewed January 2, 2017

I took my family to experience Pho for the first time... it was good Pho at decent pricing, and considering the blue collar area (lots of factories and processing plants in the area) I was surprised to find Bamboo Hut outside of an urban area.

1  Thank Mike P
Reviewed December 4, 2016

The Bamboo Hut is the epitome of a family run oriental restaurant. Fantastic food, great prices and service that is friendly and fast. If you like it spicy order some of their toasted hot peppers.

2  Thank drBric

Been to Bamboo Hut? Share your experiences!