“Its Went Down Hill w/ New Management” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of St. Germain Lodge and Resort

St. Germain Lodge and Resort
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saint Germain
St. Germain Lodge and Resort
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Saint Germain
Chicago, Illinois
“Its Went Down Hill w/ New Management”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2010

Just a couple of years ago, I reported here how my family and I truly enjoyed staying at St. Germain Lodge & Resort. Well, we did...until this year.

This place is still a truly remakable place to vacation, however, as others have reported here on TripAdvisor, the new management at St Germain Lodge & Resport has an uncanny way of ruining a vacation. From the moment you check in, you have the feeling that the manager is bothered that your there, sort of like your interrupting her. And this is after having to spend some time tracking her down to check in.

Then during your stay, if you need something, or happen to run into her at the restaurant (Fibber's Restaurant) on the property, you experience a nastiness from her. Clearly a change from how Lois, (the former manager) ran the resort.

I can only imagine how people who come to the resort for the first time must feel. I tend to be a little more tolerant of her than some, however, its now come to a head. I'd rather take my $2,000 and go somewhere else to relax and enjoy my family vacation.

I hope some of the owners of the condos take notice to what us, the customers, are experiencing, as this affects their return on their property.

As for me and my family, we'll be staying elsewhere in St. Germain next year, and perhaps give St. Germain Lodge & Resort another try sometime down the road.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Gonefishin2

Business
Woodbury MN
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2009

Cabins are nice, location is nice, lake is nice... That is where it ends. Bar staff act like it is a huge pain in the rear to serve a cocktail or two. Don't cross the "front desk lady" or you might get screamed at in front of your kids. I watched her chew out an entire family in the bar. A real "sweet" woman. Apparently she hates her job and is going to take it out on all the guests. We should have known that the stay was doomed when a sign greeted us in the "lobby" depicting a gun smoking and the words "don't even ask." Classy...
Had the "front desk lady" showed any kind of respect for the resort guests we may have considered going back; however, by the end of our stay I decided that I would rather eat shards of broken glass. It only took a couple of days for us to realize the resort down the road was worth the quick stroll if we wanted a bite to eat or a cocktail at the lounge. We spent a TON of money at that place.
An interesting tidbit... Each cabin is independently owned and I assume that they pay a fee to the resort in exchange for booking and cleaning of the cabins. I would be horrified if I knew the guests, who paid a nice chunk of change to stay in my cabin, were screamed at by the resort staff. Hopefully this lady is not the owner of the resort, if so... my condolences to the cabin owners. And to each cabin owner... should your cabin not book each week next summer, thank the strung out "front desk lady" and the crabby bar staff.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank nancygrace1
Schaumburg,IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2009

We have been coming up to this resort for 3 years. If they were selling any of these cabins and I had the money, I would snatch it up and used it for rental property. Fibbers on the other hand....Great bar (and the bartenders are the BEST!!) but the "theme days" for food are NOT so good. Fibbers need a real chef! The typical bar foods are GREAT! The only thing that this resort needs is to offer free WiFi to it's guests!

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank TwinMom96
Niles, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2007

This lodge is situated across a small street from Big St. Germain Lake. The lodge boasts a wonderful restaurant that has a Sunday brunch and a super Friday Night Fish Fry. We stayed in the motel rooms which are above the bar, and thought it would be noisy. This was not the case. I hear the cabins are very nice also. They also have boat docks where you can park your boats at no additional charge. The boat launch is about 1 mile along the road and there is plenty of space to unload your trailer. We stayed here last October for a fishing tournament and found it met everyone of our needs. We will definitely be back next year.

I highly recommend staying here if you are planning on visiting the St. Germain area.

• Liked — The close proximity to the lake, boat access and food
  • Disliked — The property is situated on a hill and it may be difficult for older people or hadicap to manuever
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with friends
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank MuskieRob
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2006

The cabins were clean and modern, complete with Fireplace, TV, pots and pans, microwave, oven, fridge/freezer, nice warm beds, and very warm showers. The cabins look and feel just like a house! Plenty of things to do there. My wife and I have been comming up to this resort from Illinois twice a year for the past 10 years to snowmobile and fish, and we simply love it! We LOVE Cabin #20, and have found this one to be the best one to stay in!

• Liked — The cabins were very comfortable!!! Awsome Fireplace!!!
  • Disliked — Waking up on the final day, realizing I had to go home!!!
  • Tips/Secrets — Cabin #20 seems to be the best cabin to stay in. Great owners, very modern stuff.
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled with friends
      Check-in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Gonefishin2
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2006

St. Germain Lodge is grear, relaxing, fun. It is a place that you want to continue going back to. The owners are great ,warm, inviting people.

Stayed August 2004
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Mukwonago, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2004

St. Germain Resort and Lodge is a fabulous place. The rooms and cabins are lovely and immaculate. The staff at the lodge and restaurant are friendly and efficient. The view of the lake is worth ever penny. If you want a relaxing getaway this is the place for you.

• Stayed September 2004
16.0 km away
AmericInn Minocqua
AmericInn Minocqua
#5 of 7 in Minocqua

Been to St. Germain Lodge and Resort? Share your experiences!