“Supper Club Charm!”

Green Acres Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 33 Restaurants in Sauk City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: "The Place For Steaks." Green Acres is a classic Wisconsin supper club featuring great cocktails and specializing in Steaks, Fish Fry, and Daily Specials. A piece of Sauk Prairie history, this beautiful two story property was constructed in the late 1800's and has been operating as a restaurant, tavern or dance hall since the 1930's. A friendly place to enjoy dinner and drinks. Bar open at 4pm daily. Kitchen open at 5pm Mon-Thurs; 4:30pm Fri, Sat & Sun.
Reviewed February 26, 2018 via mobile

On Saturday February 24th I visited this restaurant with a very good friend and certainly with no regrets! My friend had the deep fried cod dinner with salad bar and I had the baked trout with salad bar. When we arrived it was very busy, the parking lot is large and was full and when we got inside the restaurant it was full of people so we had to approach the hostess right away to put our name in for a party of two. We had waited for approximately half an hour and sat at the bar for drinks. There is an upstairs where people can dine as well with a salad bar but not much for a view and only one restroom up there which is only for women. The staff was very friendly and hardworking and our server Ashley was very friendly as well as attentive! My friend and I were able to be seated upstairs and it was also packed. There is a full menu with many different meal options as well as a separate menu for desserts and alcohol. I had two glasses of Chardonnay which paired well with the trout dinner I had. The salad bar had only iceberg lettuce and four different types of dressings along with many different toppings except for sunflower seeds which I wish they had. There was also sliced & toasted garlic and plain bread placed on top of buffet. Our meals did not take very long to come out considering how busy it was. After our meal we had a caramel apple pie for dessert which was excellent! I would definitely recommend this place to families, couples and more. The only downfall I’d say is that the menu is a bit pricey but definitely worth the trip to Sauk City!!!!!

Reviewed December 24, 2017

I knew going in we’d have a bit of a wait as we went to dinner for fish on a Friday. We had a seat in the bar area, was checked up on often (very appreciative), and finally was called for our table. There were a lot of people in the restaurant, but with good drinks, and appetizers, the food seemed to come out in a decent time frame. Got the broiled fish, and it was absolutely amazing. Coleslaw was tasty, fish was good, wait staff was very friendly. Would definitely go again, maybe just not in a Friday night.

Reviewed December 14, 2017

I really wasn't impressed with the restaurant and thought it was overpriced. Salad bar was very disappointing – like something from the 1960s. I had the fish and it had an off- taste. We also had a very long wait, although it was a Saturday night. However, the bread was outstanding!

Reviewed November 9, 2017

We had to wait for about 15 mins. but it was worth it. The usual good food and good service. Since they don't take reservations you can expect to wait.

Reviewed November 9, 2017 via mobile

The bar was nice, food was good for the area, and service was great. Stairs are not friendly to anyone disabled and the salad bar leaves a little to be desired.