All reviewswould stay here againgreen baylast minute bookingpack n playample parkinghot tubroom was cleancontinental breakfastshawano area
Reviewed June 26, 2017

The hotel is lovely and the rooms are very nice. The Customer Service provided by one of your employees was another thing all together. We stayed on 6/24/17 and there was so much noise in the room above us we asked to be moved within 1 hr of check in. First the young man at the desk questioned the noise and made us feel as if we were making it up. He seemed to be bothered although there was no other customer activity at all at the desk or in the lobby. We did have to ring for service at 5:30pm so possibly we interrupted his "break". Then as he tried to find another room told us that the property was fully booked (less than 20 cars in parking lot) and that the computer would not let him change our reservation. We asked some questions but he did not ever talk to us rather kept staring at his computer screen in aggravation. He even tried to turn the screen around to us to show us it was not his fault at which point I said, "I don't know how your system works". He seemed to be training a young lady who looked mortified that he was treating us this way and did not say a word just kept smiling at us nervously. If we had not opened our mouths not a word would have been said by your staff for almost 5 full minutes at one point. He finally figured out how to change the room after we threatened to leave. He was rude and made us feel like we were greatly inconveniencing him. When we thanked them both as we headed to the newly assigned room, he did not even respond to our "thanks". When we got to the 2nd room the TV did not work but we were just glad to have quiet from the noisy room we were originally in so we did not call the desk on that matter.

The next morning when we checked out the 2 ladies at the desk reflected the kind of amazing and efficient customer service that I assume you expect of your staff. We did not get the name of the young man the night before however, being in the customer service business myself I hope you are able to track him back from the hotel schedules 6/24/17 (from 4:00pm to 6:00). Our overall assessment of the property was way above average for a hotel in this price range. I write this review as it is evidence that just one employee who behaves this was can ruin a guest's experience and I can say that it will keep us from returning to this property in Shawano, Wi. We hope this review helps the company and the local manager with coaching & training so that others can enjoy this lovely property without feeling like a bother to a staff member.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2017

Boarders Inn is conveniently located right off the highway, close to an Arby's and gas station. We arrived after 10pm, and it was a last minute booking Memorial weekend--so the location was amazing! Easy to find and convenient for the late night snack and goodies for the room. However no fridge :(
Check-in, although I was mistaken for another person, I thanked them for their hospitality! Wow! Their customer service was top-notch, polite, accommodating, and just really noticeable! Even after the staff change from night to morning, they were all extremely nice and helpful.
Since we got in late and were on our way to Green Bay with our little, we asked if we could check out at noon so we could take her in the pool. They were wonderful and let us, no extra charge. The pool was large and very clean! I was impressed. Even the hot tub was quite big.
The continental breakfast wasn't anything fancy, but it was good, hot, and had plenty of options. For being free it was more than enough to feed and satisfy my family of three, I shake my head at those who complain!
The price and value of hotel was great too. We had a king bed which was extremely comfy. And the room was your typical hotel room, nothing fancy but over all nice. And still had plenty of room to set up a pack n play (which she ended up sleeping with us anyway.)
Only minor detail would be preferred a fridge in the room. But not a deal breaker. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed April 10, 2017

I stayed here when I was in town for business. It was a snowy winter evening when I arrive, but the front desk folks were cheerful and helpful. The room was clean, comfortable and warm. Next mornings breakfast was standard for a "breakfast comes with room", but the atmosphere was talkative and I enjoyed engaging with folks from around the country. Affordable and comfortable....when one is traveling, that is what counts.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank AgJack
Jennifer O, General Manager at Boarders Inn and Suites by Cobblestone Hotels Shawano, WI, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2017

We strive to make our guests happy and comfortable. Thank you for the kind words and for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed February 22, 2017

Was suprised to see this newer hotel in the area, it had been a couple of years since we were that way. Needed a place to stay late one night. Rooms were very nicely furnished and comfortable. Had to get another chair from commons area for table in room (1 only). Had a full selection of items in breakfast area ( eggs,meat,potatoes,etc.)

Room Tip: If you want to open room windows do not get rooms above or near the pool area, as the equipment runs at night
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Jennifer O, General Manager at Boarders Inn and Suites by Cobblestone Hotels Shawano, WI, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate the feedback and strive to make our guests happy.

Reviewed February 19, 2017 via mobile

Stayed in a king bed room with whirlpool. The room was big and clean. The furniture could use an update, but still fine. Whirlpool tub was clean. No bubbles left in room and no lotion sample.
Front desk was nice at check in and they had a pool and free breakfast.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. Our housekeeping staff takes pride with the cleanliness of the rooms. We, the staff here, strive to satisfy our guests.