“Average food”

Sprecher’s Restaurant & Pub
Ranked #29 of 172 Restaurants in Sheboygan
Reviewed August 8, 2018

The food here is fine but there are many better choices in Sheboygan. I have been there several times and have only had 1 bad meal, but I have also not had any excellent meals. The service is usually slow. Burgers are fine. Steaks are overdone and not very good cuts of meat. Salmon is good. The star of the menu is the pretzel appetizer with the 3 sauces and of course Sprecher's soda! We end up going back as our teens want to go for the soft pretzels and soda.

Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

We have been coming here for a long time. Every year we visit this area. Never had a bad meal and the service is good too. Love sitting outside by the water. They have heaters on the deck in case it’s chilly which is awesome.

Reviewed July 25, 2018

Stopped in for dinner with my wife and son with his girlfriend. We had been looking for a reason to dine here so we were all anxious to try out the cuisine. We were seated right away and waited better than 10 minutes before a waiter showed up (this after asking the hostess if someone was assigned to our table.) Ordered drinks, appetizers and dinner all at once. Drinks came after a little wait - the restaurant was not real busy. Appetizers wee OK, cheese curds very good, chicken wings, for a "Buffalo" style sauce were not very spicy. Had the BBQ ribs, very meaty, oven cooked, with a house sauce. Meat could have been a little more on the tender side (Not looking for "fall off the bone" but not chewy either.) Sauce was good, not spicy but had a good BBQ taste.
VERY good beer and soft drink lists, this was the high point.

Reviewed July 16, 2018

We stopped at Sprecher's for a quick lunch here on our way to Door County. We were tempted by the very large lunch menu. The restaurant is located in downtown Sheboygan and has a nice view of the Sheboygan River. We waited over 30 minutes to be seated, and when we entered the dining room, nearly half the tables were empty. I suspect the restaurant was short-handed. After we placed our lunch orders, it was another 30 minutes before we received our sandwiches. My guest had the grilled chicken BLT and he thought it was acceptable. However, my Reuben (if you can call it that) was made up of fatty shreds of corned beef. There wasn't one solid slice of corned beef in the sandwich. It was as if the person who prepared the sandwich went under the slicer and scooped up all the scraps that fall down when you slice meats. The sandwich was virtually inedible --salty, greasy, and with all the scraps falling out as I tried to take a bite -- I left most of it uneaten. With the combination of extremely slow service and inexcusable sandwich, I don't think I'll be returning anytime soon.

Reviewed July 12, 2018 via mobile

Knew it was trouble when the hostess didn’t offer us outside, but did to the family in front of us. When outside, table next to us asked another server “does anyone know we are out here, we haven’t been seen by anyone in 10 minutes.” Our server never introduced herself, but took our order right away, since we have 3 kids it’s a priority to get in and ordering ASAP. Brought 1 silverware set to a table of 5. Wife ordered ice tea, never came but was on the bill; which my wife had to point out so they ran another bill for us. That took so long that we got up from the table to find the server and “paid inside” so we could get going. During dinner the food was mediocre for us but the kids meals were horrible. Both kids ordered pizza that tasted like ketchup smeared on bread with cheese sprinkled on it. Also the pizzas were cut in half when hot then stacked so they melted together leaving the bottom “slice” with no cheese when the top slice was removed. When the food came, I stood up and went inside to get silverware only for the server to see me taking silverware off another table and say “I’m bringing you some.” My 1 kid had a bug in his root beer float- which makes sense when you eat outside-, and the server replaced it with root beer; which was nice. Overall, we spent plenty of time “waiting” and the place was hardly busy since we arrived at 5, but left there at nearly 6:30. What happened in that 90 minutes, I have not ideas since we were not “hanging out” after dinner at our table. After spending more time waiting, we paid and left since my kids were done being at a restaurant. I called on my way back to the hotel to discuss my experience with a manager and was told, “ it’s dinner rush and management can’t talk to you now. Give me you name and number and they will call you back tonight after the dinner rush.” So I left my info and got no call back... it’s now 3 days later. So now, I leave this review. If you want a mediocre meal with mediocre service at a price that’s more than the what you get...this place is for you. Blue Harbor resort had better food, better service and it was CHEAPER than eating at this place.