Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$149
Expedia.comUS$149
Hotels.comUS$149
Orbitz.comUS$149
TravelocityUS$149
TripadvisorUS$149
All reviews within walking distance living area full size fridge free breakfast cleaning staff pool and hot tub bedroom dishwasher lake accommodations pets
Selected filters
Reviewed December 21, 2019

We love two room suites, closing the bed room door, for peace and darkness is worth the extra $ to us. The Grandstay has reasonably, although small two room suites. We spent two nights there in December, they have an adjacent, free parking lot, easy access in cold weather. The front desk staff was very good, the breakfast and maid staff were excellent. The free hot breakfast was better than average.

We enjoyed our stay and will stay here again.

Date of stay: December 2019
2  Thank Tom S
Reviewed December 15, 2019 via mobile

The accommodations were pleasant with a dated feel (more on that in a bit).
My sister arrived late to the hotel and this seemed to cause a lot of confusion (20 minutes to check in) for the desk clerk.

The rooms were pleasantly decorated. The kitchen featured an archaic refrigerator.

This goes back to the dated feeling of the hotel.
And make sure you bring a traditional plug for your phone charger because there are no USB ports in the rooms.

Not a terrible place just a little dated.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank LtObvious
Reviewed November 19, 2019

The hotel is in a perfect location for local attractions. Many things to do within walking distance. As far as the hotel goes, forget about anything other than warm and dry. The breakfast service is horrible at best. Empty food trays, juice machine not turned on and filled, empty coffee carafes, we have not had access to milk for two days because the staff can not locate the key to the padlock that is on the cooler, have to search for the plastic utensils...horrible. I understand that it is a free breakfast. I have talked to the staff, and the General Managers about it. They agree. But nothing changes.

The pool and hot tub are excellent. As a hot tub owner, water parameters in a public pool are extremely important to me and Rick does a great job keeping the water clean.

The rooms include a full size fridge, electric cooktop, dishwasher and sink. Nice for extended stay. The bedroom can be separated from the living area by a closed door. Beds are comfortable, cant say that for the chairs.

Myself, and others that I work with, are here on business and are working nights and sleeping during the day. Forget it! The cleaning staff uses the security locks as doorstops every time they enter of leave the room. All morning long it sounds like thunder every time a door closes. It still continues after repeated conversations with the staff and managers. (if there were available rooms somewhere else I would not be here).

I would not recommend this hotel for anything more than a single sleep.

Room tip: East side upper floor offers a view of Lake Michigan.
Date of stay: November 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank jho303
Reviewed October 10, 2019 via mobile

I will stay here every time I go to Sheboygan. Staff was fantastic and very attentive. Pool is small but it was just what we needed. Room was great, breakfast was ok. We will be back. Within walking distance to a lot of places.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2019

We stayed overnight in early September (9/7 specifically) as part of a golf weekend and were looking forward to a pleasant stay given the reviews. This appears to be a newer property and parking was easy. At check in, the Gen Z lad running the front desk couldn't have been more disinterested and almost reluctantly checked us in. The 2 BR suite was clean, with a good enough layout with 1 bath. Both bedrooms were on the smaller side (approx 12x12). The living area and both BRs had TVs without HD signals! It's 2019 people-- get HD. We suffered through college FB games in standard/fuzzy. So it's a 3 star stay until the next morning, when we headed down for breakfast at 6am. Firstly, the coffee was cold and clearly from the night before. The food choices were of such low quality that all I could stomach was a plain bowl of Oatmeal. I'm talking about a breakfast spread that Ramada Inn would put to shame. Pre made eggs and sausages that looked like plastic and that I frankly didn't trust to be food safe. Terrible baked goods. No cut fruit nor any bananas. A juice machine that I didn't trust. An employee came down around 6:30am and brought hot coffee. This Gen Z employee, who looked like he had just rolled out of bed too, acted like it (eg no greeting and a weak-ass response to my "good morning" greeting). We had an 8am tee time and when we approached the desk to check out at 6:45, there was no one to be found. We called and heard the phones repeatedly ringing. Our hoodie friend finally showed up just before 7am, leaving us 15 minutes behind schedule. There was no departure "thank you", and he clearly didn't want to be there as well. It's too bad that such a nice hotel can't extend basic hospitality--- how hard is to greet and say goodbye to guests in a professional and pleasant manner? How hard is it to execute a continental breakfast and hot coffee for guests paying $250/night?

Date of stay: September 2019