“The Latest Farm to Table”
Review of Harvest Cafe

Harvest Cafe
Ranked #46 of 172 Restaurants in Sheboygan
Description: Come enjoy a rich palette of local & organic food, classes on healthy eating, view local art, and socialize in a welcoming environment.
Reviewed July 4, 2017

This is the newest Bohemian effort by locally renowned Chef Bernie who wrote a series of very informative restaurant review articles (always positive) in the Sheboygan Press until he recently started this smart and chic establishment. One is immediately struck by the modern and hip and trendy style of the open interior with plenty of contemporary art features in its completely refurbished interior design making the experience very pleasing to the senses. Reading his many reviews one knew of his strong emphasis on locally produced food with the emphasis on quality. Consistent with this genre, it's a serve and buss yourself affair. My wife and I went on a Thursday for lunch and we had plenty of choices for seating. The parking is on downtown main streets with parking meters, at least for lunch, but wasn't a problem on this day. My wife had the portabella mushroom sandwich and I had the quiche of the day. To add to the affair we ordered a side of the mushroom soup and a cup of freshly brewed kombucha. All of it was very delicious and the freshness and depth of the flavors were outstanding. Don't mistake this establishment for Pizza Ranch. One doesn't come here to gorge. As other reviewers have noted the servings are not generous. But one comes here for the quality of the experience. It also doesn't come with a Pizza Ranch price tag either, as the reviewers have noted. It's pricey making it still somewhat out of step with a Sheboygan that is know for its extremely conservative and cheap population that isn't used to this kind of restaurant until recently (Chef Viglietti). Can Sheboygan catch up with this kind of modernity? Only time will tell. It is an expensive lunch making our visits likely few and far between despite my own propensity toward quality. Chef Bernie's adorable and very charming wife greeted us and made our experience that much more pleasant. It is a wonderful place to lounge and chat with a good friend for several hours. I don't remember outdoor seating.

Reviewed June 23, 2017 via mobile

Stopped in here to try the food as couples. The menu has a lot of items you will not find on a regular menu. We enjoyed everything we ordered. The staff is very attentive and pleasant. The owner was constantly visiting the tables. Everything us organic and local. I had the Beet Salad with giant cheese. Thus was very tasty. The prices are a little higher, but not out of line for the location, and the type of food on the menu. I plan on going vacation again.

Reviewed June 12, 2017

Clean restaurant and smiling faces. The breakfast wrap I ordered was incredibly small, it was worth a few bites. It was quite unusual though, it was a normal breakfast wrap and half of it was fried in butter on a flat top. Ive never experienced this before and was not expecting it at all. So between it being half cold and half fried and being just laughably small, it tasted good. The fresh squeezed orange juice was tiny and expensive as well. The person I had gone with ordered french toast. The french toast was 2 small pieces of white bread. (Not even texas toast sized) Ive been to other healthy eating restaurants in Sheboygan and this does not compare by any means. Prices are similar but portions are way much smaller.

2  Thank Andrew W
Reviewed June 3, 2017 via mobile

Brunch for the two of us was attractive, a bit exotic, and completely satisfying.

My shredded pork sandwich was large and delicious; my wife's beet salad was "far more beets then I have ever had in a salad" I knew nothing about kombucha, so I had to try the probiotic drink and loved it.

Total bill was $26. Well worth it for the food, the atmosphere, and experience.

The interior is warm in a woody natural way, and chic upscale at the same time. This morning, soft reggae music was playing. Couples and families were enjoying their leisurely time.

Staff and service? Incredibly cheerful, welcoming, and well informed. As you order at the counter, you can see the kitchen crew at work, including burning (oops, that was sposed to be Bernie) this particular morning.

Chef Bernie certainly knows the restaurant scene; as reviewer for Gannett's Sheboygan Press, he has visited and written about every restaurant in the surrounding four counties. When he chose the location for this restaurant, he dared to put it on the same block as the number one number three and number four restaurants in town. That's confidence!

We definitely will return, and urge you to give it a try, too.

Reviewed May 22, 2017

I wanted to love this place. Especially since I spent over $60 on lunch for my daughter and I and her 1, 3, & 4 year-old children. We were greeted warmly with a sample of kombosa--a kombucha mimosa--which was very tasty. You order your food at a counter and it is brought to your table. There were a couple of issues with the delivery of our order, but they were handled well. My daughter and I ordered salmon salads, which were generously sized, with lovely greens, but lacked an element to tie the various flavors in the salad together. The kids got pancakes and a scrambled egg on the side, and they approved of their food. The pancakes were accompanied by a small serving of fresh fruit. My daughter had a kombosa with her lunch and I had the house kombucha, which was good, but expensive for the small glass. The friendly atmosphere is a big plus, as is the kind of food that they offer, and if I lived in Sheboygan, I would definitely try this place again.