Fountain Park Motel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Harbor Winds(Sheboygan)
Quality Inn(Sheboygan)
View Hotel
All reviewsattached restaurantloud noiseparking lotroom was cleanvisit familydowntown sheboygannext morningashrates
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 August 2010

We liked that we got a ground floor room and that meant easier access to the car. We also think that may be why it had ants, not a lot in the 20 minutes we were there, but a few and a fly too. Upon booking at the desk they gave us 2 couonns for $1 off 2 drinks and $1 off food at the restaurant.
The room smelled STRONGLY of Listerine. Hopefully somebody recently spilled a WHOLE bottle of listerine, not a cleaner or insecticide or something to cover a worse smell. TV didn't work. We asked for a new room and were promptly given one on the second (top) floor. This one was also clean, no smell, maybe a little musty, but wouldn't have even noticed if we weren't looking for a smell. This room seemed to have been more updated as well. I went to thank the desk clerk for the new room and she apologized about the smell in the room, she had went to see what was wrong and could smell it too.
Yes the shampoo is still in packets. The bathroom had soap and was stocked with towels outside the bathroom and ours didn't resemble sandpaper like another poster said. We didn't even use the TV, but ended up with a working one in the 2nd room. Another person staying there said his TV didn't work either. If you want a fridge, ask for a room with one, I dont think they cost more. Our first room (the stinky one) had a little fridge, but not the 2nd room, without a price change. They were happy to refridge our restaurant leftovers by the front desk , which appeared to not have been touched or tampered with overnight.
At 2:38 am exactly somebody had to announce what a good time he was having with a few loud hoot n hollers right outside our open window. In my sleep haze I think I heard a couple other voices hush him and hustle him into their room. It did wake me up, but was short-lived. I think one room nextdoor was occupied and didnn't have any problem with noise through the walls.

All in all, if you need to stay there, close your window to keep noise out or just dont worry about getting woke up. Dont be shy to ask for a better room if you get one that you have issues with.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mariekoran
Reviewed 25 December 2009

OK, so we are easy to please, in general. We needed a cheap place to stay for 1 night & that is just what we got.

I'll get the bad out of the way first: the hot water is actually just warm, we just used the hot, no cold @ all for our showers. The bed sheets/covers/etc. are super thin & therefore not that warm. The bedside light fixture in our room was broekn 2 ways:1 light sideways & it didn't even light up. The in-room phone was dead. I had to use the office phone for my call since we do not have a cell phone. A drunk person pounded on our door @ 3am. Whoo-hoo!

Now the for the good: Our 2yo daughter did NOT get woken up by the drunk door pounder, free WiFi that worked, room was clean & we went to the hotel's website that has a blog with a coupon for 10% off the bil since we booked online.

All in all, this place was just fine.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank 150hp
Reviewed 4 December 2009

this is a bad motel bad smell to the rooms sheets looked like they been used for a life time least 4 years, towels washcloths,have stains on them i would not recommend this place to my worst enemy thats how bad the place is

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank rwojak
Reviewed 13 October 2009

We were 56 singers on a tour bus. At all other hotels/motels, our bus would pull up and one person would get all of our keys & hand them out. At other lodging locations, we were all preregistered &, once we got the keys, we could get off the bus & go straight to our rooms. Not so at the Fountain Park Motel. One person from each room had to individually go to the desk, present their driver's license which was photocopied, then had to fill out a registration form. Only then would that person get a key. Our director's wife, who is normally pretty calm & soft-spoken was in a snit about this, telling the lady at the desk that we didn't even have to do such a thing when we sang in St Petersburg, Russia. When she asked why we had to go through this procedure, the lady at the desk said they ship copies of the driver's licenses to the police department to see if any guests were 'wanted.' "Do the police ever find out if somebody who registers is 'wanted'?" asked the director's wife. "A few times." It's not likely the police would find someone is 'wanted' in a bus load of German-singing senior citizens.

My roommate got our keys while I sat on the cement steps outside of the office. Most of our singers are 60+ years of age & most are way over that. Word of the Americans with Disabilities Act had not reached the Fountain Park Motel. There were two cement steps to the first floor & a flight of cement steps to the second floor & no elevator. A few of the hardy folks helped those less hardy with their luggage. There was no motel staff made available to assist.

My roommate & I hauled our luggage to the 2nd floor &, because we'd been on the bus since Munising, my roommate headed straight for the bathroom. There she found a cake of soap so small and thin, at most 1.5" x 1" x 1/8", sitting beside shampoo in a rip-open package like McDonald's catsup. We headed off to the Catholic church to sing.

As I departed the bus that evening, after Wurst with the Catholics, I asked a singer if she had seen the soap in the bathroom. "Yes, the communion wafers were bigger."

My roommate decided to take a shower before bed. There was no soap dish in the shower. She found the tea-towel-sized bath towel a new experience in that it had a sand-paper texture. She was sure the Fountain Park Motel got their towels by dumpster-diving at the Motel 6 or Comfort Inn. Ah, but steal one of those towels - a note on the dresser said you would be charged $10 &, if you took a wash cloth, you would be charged $5. The next day, the housekeeper left clean towels (sandpaper) but we were missing a wash cloth. Fearing we'd be hit with a $5 charge, my roommate went to the front desk and learned that it was OK because the housekeeper ran out of wash cloths.

Day Two found me looking for an ice machine. Not seeing any signs, I went to the front desk. The lady (same lady of the lengthy registration & missing wash cloth) asked me to turn around. Behind me was an upright freezer with a big sign: "ONLY ONE BAG PER ROOM" or similar message. Itty bitty bags. Not even an ice bucketful of ice. OK, it's the beginning of September so Lake Michigan wouldn't be frozen for a few months to restock.

• Stayed: September 2009
3  Thank ArdillaSanAntonio
Reviewed 14 June 2009

Rooms were adequate and clean. Service was excellent, hospitality was great. On site restaurants - both very good food, nicely presented. We will stay here again when we return.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business