“Thanks again for a delightful time at Fountain Park. We loved our stay and look forward to our next time there.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fountain Park Motel

and 1 more site!
Fountain Park Motel
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Sheboygan
wi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2011

Thanks again for a delightful time at Fountain Park, We loved our stay and look forward to our next time there. I miss your coffee!

We recently spent a week in Sheboygan visiting family and had the good fortune to stay at Fountain Park Motor Inn. This actually was our second time at Fountain Park, and we happily endorse staying there. The rooms are clean and quiet. The motel is centrally located in downtown, is across the street from a nice park and is a few blocks from beautiful Lake Michigan so you wake up to the sound of seagulls. A very nice family restaurant is on-site where we had breakfast every morning. The restaurant is always packed with locals, which is the best endorsement any place can get.

We heartily recommend Fountain Park Motor Inn and look forward to our next visit there.

B and L.-D
California

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank illyria44

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2011

I say this place should be closed down, first of all we arrive no one in the office they quote us 46 dollars go to pay says it comes to fifty two with tax then on my reciept showed 55 was pissed about that...then the room was all stinky and smelled musty...i am not sure what was wrong with the bathroom it was leaking from the sink and toilet and the hot water in the shower was just lukewarm...didn't even need the cold water it's like they controll it. As far as the beds ragedy as hell...they r like the 99 re-used beds and sheets could give up paper cuts litteraly...towels smelled used and you could basically hear everything in the parking lot...couldn't wait to leave that place...oh yea and far as the restaurant...THE STEAK SUCKED!!!!!!!!.....absolutely no flavor whatsover...my advice....only status this motel has is downtown....stay away ....

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank pissedtraveler

Travellers are raving about these Sheboygan hotels

Madison, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2011

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

My girlfriend and I chose this motel due to it's location to downtown. It is within walking distance to most of the downtown bars. Now that I've pointed out this motels ONLY advantage, let me list it's disadvantages.

We get there on Friday afternoon around 5 and there is no one to be found in the office. We had to dial a number on a phone and had to wait 20 minutes just to check in. The person at the front desk then rattled off a huge list of rules that we had to abide by or they'd kick us out. Like that we can't have visitors at the motel past ten. No one who was visiting could park their cars in the parking lot at all, even before "curfew". We can't leave the heater running or they'll charge us a $50 dollar fee.

After we checked in, we then walked around the motel building, but while we were walking around, this creepy guy was parked right outside our door watching us. He then let me park in his spot so we could unload. He then got out of his car and started creeping around the building. It was really creepy.

The room itself wasn't awful, just what you'd expect from a $70 motel. It listed that there was a fridge, but there was no fridge. It listed that there was ice, but there was no ice machine to be found. We called the front desk with these issues and they told us that they keep the ice machine locked up and that there were no fridges in the motel. So in order for us to get ice we had to call the front desk so they could unlock the room with the ice machine.

The bathroom wasn't all that bad either. It had a toilet, sink and a shower. The shower itself had terrible pressure. The towels were old and had what I am sure are "love stains" on them.

We went out that night with her friends. We came back after "curfew" with some of her friends who had too much to drink and couldn't drive home. The woman at the front desk watched us walk to our room, then told us that the people couldn't stay and made them leave, despite telling her that they were too drunk to drive.

If you're looking for a nice motel to bang a hooker in, look no further. Otherwise, don't waste your money.

Again, overall this was a terrible experience. I will NEVER stay at this motel again. I'd rather sleep on a park bench. As for the people rating this above a 4, I don't know what motel you were stating at, but it wasn't this one. My girlfriends sister stayed at a different hotel, which we were both extremely jealous of, the Harbor Winds Hotel. For just another 8 bucks a night, you can stay at an extremely reputable hotel with excellent accommodations.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank RickyB25
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2010

We liked that we got a ground floor room and that meant easier access to the car. We also think that may be why it had ants, not a lot in the 20 minutes we were there, but a few and a fly too. Upon booking at the desk they gave us 2 couonns for $1 off 2 drinks and $1 off food at the restaurant.
The room smelled STRONGLY of Listerine. Hopefully somebody recently spilled a WHOLE bottle of listerine, not a cleaner or insecticide or something to cover a worse smell. TV didn't work. We asked for a new room and were promptly given one on the second (top) floor. This one was also clean, no smell, maybe a little musty, but wouldn't have even noticed if we weren't looking for a smell. This room seemed to have been more updated as well. I went to thank the desk clerk for the new room and she apologized about the smell in the room, she had went to see what was wrong and could smell it too.
Yes the shampoo is still in packets. The bathroom had soap and was stocked with towels outside the bathroom and ours didn't resemble sandpaper like another poster said. We didn't even use the TV, but ended up with a working one in the 2nd room. Another person staying there said his TV didn't work either. If you want a fridge, ask for a room with one, I dont think they cost more. Our first room (the stinky one) had a little fridge, but not the 2nd room, without a price change. They were happy to refridge our restaurant leftovers by the front desk , which appeared to not have been touched or tampered with overnight.
At 2:38 am exactly somebody had to announce what a good time he was having with a few loud hoot n hollers right outside our open window. In my sleep haze I think I heard a couple other voices hush him and hustle him into their room. It did wake me up, but was short-lived. I think one room nextdoor was occupied and didnn't have any problem with noise through the walls.

All in all, if you need to stay there, close your window to keep noise out or just dont worry about getting woke up. Dont be shy to ask for a better room if you get one that you have issues with.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mariekoran
Door County, Wisconsin, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2009

OK, so we are easy to please, in general. We needed a cheap place to stay for 1 night & that is just what we got.

I'll get the bad out of the way first: the hot water is actually just warm, we just used the hot, no cold @ all for our showers. The bed sheets/covers/etc. are super thin & therefore not that warm. The bedside light fixture in our room was broekn 2 ways:1 light sideways & it didn't even light up. The in-room phone was dead. I had to use the office phone for my call since we do not have a cell phone. A drunk person pounded on our door @ 3am. Whoo-hoo!

Now the for the good: Our 2yo daughter did NOT get woken up by the drunk door pounder, free WiFi that worked, room was clean & we went to the hotel's website that has a blog with a coupon for 10% off the bil since we booked online.

All in all, this place was just fine.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank 150hp
milwaukee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2009

this is a bad motel bad smell to the rooms sheets looked like they been used for a life time least 4 years, towels washcloths,have stains on them i would not recommend this place to my worst enemy thats how bad the place is

• Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank rwojak
San Antonio TX
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2009

We were 56 singers on a tour bus. At all other hotels/motels, our bus would pull up and one person would get all of our keys & hand them out. At other lodging locations, we were all preregistered &, once we got the keys, we could get off the bus & go straight to our rooms. Not so at the Fountain Park Motel. One person from each room had to individually go to the desk, present their driver's license which was photocopied, then had to fill out a registration form. Only then would that person get a key. Our director's wife, who is normally pretty calm & soft-spoken was in a snit about this, telling the lady at the desk that we didn't even have to do such a thing when we sang in St Petersburg, Russia. When she asked why we had to go through this procedure, the lady at the desk said they ship copies of the driver's licenses to the police department to see if any guests were 'wanted.' "Do the police ever find out if somebody who registers is 'wanted'?" asked the director's wife. "A few times." It's not likely the police would find someone is 'wanted' in a bus load of German-singing senior citizens.

My roommate got our keys while I sat on the cement steps outside of the office. Most of our singers are 60+ years of age & most are way over that. Word of the Americans with Disabilities Act had not reached the Fountain Park Motel. There were two cement steps to the first floor & a flight of cement steps to the second floor & no elevator. A few of the hardy folks helped those less hardy with their luggage. There was no motel staff made available to assist.

My roommate & I hauled our luggage to the 2nd floor &, because we'd been on the bus since Munising, my roommate headed straight for the bathroom. There she found a cake of soap so small and thin, at most 1.5" x 1" x 1/8", sitting beside shampoo in a rip-open package like McDonald's catsup. We headed off to the Catholic church to sing.

As I departed the bus that evening, after Wurst with the Catholics, I asked a singer if she had seen the soap in the bathroom. "Yes, the communion wafers were bigger."

My roommate decided to take a shower before bed. There was no soap dish in the shower. She found the tea-towel-sized bath towel a new experience in that it had a sand-paper texture. She was sure the Fountain Park Motel got their towels by dumpster-diving at the Motel 6 or Comfort Inn. Ah, but steal one of those towels - a note on the dresser said you would be charged $10 &, if you took a wash cloth, you would be charged $5. The next day, the housekeeper left clean towels (sandpaper) but we were missing a wash cloth. Fearing we'd be hit with a $5 charge, my roommate went to the front desk and learned that it was OK because the housekeeper ran out of wash cloths.

Day Two found me looking for an ice machine. Not seeing any signs, I went to the front desk. The lady (same lady of the lengthy registration & missing wash cloth) asked me to turn around. Behind me was an upright freezer with a big sign: "ONLY ONE BAG PER ROOM" or similar message. Itty bitty bags. Not even an ice bucketful of ice. OK, it's the beginning of September so Lake Michigan wouldn't be frozen for a few months to restock.

• Stayed September 2009