“Excellent anniversary dinner choice”

Whistling Straits Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 180 Restaurants in Sheboygan
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Enjoy a scenic view of Lake Michigan in this rustic Irish Farmhouse setting. Whistling Straits serves a mixture of innovative and classic cuisine with Irish & British influences.
Reviewed September 18, 2016

We thoroughly enjoyed having a wedding anniversary dinner at Whistling Straits sitting by the fireplace & enjoying the view of the golf course/Lake Michigan vista. We had excellent service from Amanda. The restaurant had friendly, professional staff, with nice decor in a rustic/modern decor, Irish-themed setting. There is an excellent wine list by the glass, half bottle or bottle. Started with the escargot/mushroom appetizer and tomato basil soup, which were both unique & outstanding. I had the lamp chop special of the house & my husband had the pheasant special, which were both complemented by interesting sides & vegetables. We both split a wonderful rich dark chocolate dessert. Following our dinner we ventured upstairs to their golf course/lodge bar area (more rustic atmosphere) as we waited for our complementary bus driver from the American Club to return for us from Kohler. This shuttle bus with professional, friendly drivers is a bonus in getting to/from this excellent restaurant in Sheboygan for golf or a fabulous meal. Glad we experienced Whistling Straits for an anniversary - it was indeed special.

Dan D, Manager at Whistling Straits Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2016

Dear kattriprevus,
Thank you for the very thorough review of your experience at Whistling Straits Restaurant. The staff takes great pride in the service and cuisine provided to our guests. The Irish Pub, located on the second floor of the clubhouse, is a great place to relax or unwind after golfing and overlooks the Straits course and Lake Michigan. I hope that you will be able to join us again for your anniversary in the future.

Best Wishes,
Dan Dries
Restaurant Manager and Chef

Reviewed August 24, 2016

My wife and I had dinner here with a special friend this last month. The restaurant is located on Lake Michigan as part of the main building/clubhouse of one of Kohler's world class golf courses. We could almost say you can get a world class dinner there. Did I say that??? Guess I did. We had a great meal and great ambience as part of the experience. It won't disappoint you.

Dear Davinoff,
I am glad that you enjoyed your dining experience at Whistling Straits Restaurant. The clubhouse at Whistling Straits was designed to resemble an old farmhouse that might be found in the countryside of Ireland. I hope that you will be able to join us again for a meal at Whistling Straits.

Best Wishes,
Dan Dries

Reviewed May 18, 2016

Whistling Straits is a must for everyone. From arriving to departure, everything is excellent. The hostess, the service and the food...wow!

1  Thank 51051foodie
Tom M, Manager at Whistling Straits Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2016

Dear 51051foodie,

Thank you very much for dining with us recently at Whistling Straits Restaurant. I appreciate you taking the time to review your experience. I am very pleased to know you enjoyed the experience and will be sure to share your feedback with our entire team.

I hope we have the pleasure of serving you again very soon.!

Reviewed May 16, 2016 via mobile

The food os great and the landscape is amazing beside the golf and sea shore.
The hamburger was remakable and very tasty.

Dear gad666,

Thank you very much for dining with us recently at Whistling Straits Restaurant. I am thrilled you enjoyed the hamburger. I'll certainly share your feedback with our Head Chef and culinary team.

Please join us again in the very near future!

Reviewed May 8, 2016 via mobile

Totally AMAZING experience. Food was unbelievable and service was top notch. Beside an amazing eating experience, the atmosphere and view of the golf course is wonder. Thank you Amanda for a marvelous experience.

Dear ssiggy58,

Fantastic! I really appreciate you taking the time and effort to post a review of your experience at Whistling Straits Restaurant. I am thrilled you enjoyed the food, service, and atmosphere and I will be sure to share your feedback with Amanda and our entire team of talented and dedicated professionals.

We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the very near future.