“Soooo good, but pricey.”
Review of Trattoria Stefano

Trattoria Stefano
Ranked #2 of 180 Restaurants in Sheboygan
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Charming hospitality and high quality food. Rustic environment. Great for family, friends, business or a special night for 2. I save my money for special occasions to go here. With wine and dinner for two, this is in the upper price category, easily spending $70 or more.

Reviewed August 4, 2018

I have frequented the Trattoria Stefano several if not dozens of times over the last 20+ years. I consider their food some of the finest Italian cooking in Wisconsin. Generally, their service has been very good. When I travel, and I am by myself I often eat at the bar. It is my favor to a restaurant owner to allow them to fill a table and naturally my expectations of service sitting at the bar is lessened.

But on a recent visit the bar service for a meal was simply dismal. I clearly agitated the bartender asking for butter for my bread and I was ignored trying to get fresh ground pepper for a salad. Trying to get freshly grated parmesan cheese for my pasta entrée was also a challenge – but it did arrive ten minutes after my entrée.

Before I completed my entrée, the check arrived and when I asked for a cup of coffee a lukewarm cup was presented with no interest in either quality of service or product. I finally asked the host for a desert menu and ordered the “warm” cherry desert which arrived at room temperature.

It was a dishearten experience. The salad and entrée were good but the desert and coffee left much more than simply wanting; the service and attitude was awful.

A very modest tip was provided more as a gesture of pity than appreciation of service.

Reviewed August 3, 2018 via mobile

We may have had a fantastic dinner but we will never know. The maitre d was evasive about where we would sit for an 815 seating. We arrived an hour and a half early and had a drink at the bar. The drink was nice. What was upsetting again had to do with the evasiveness we received. We asked for a four seat table as I feel that two sweaters are too small. They mentioned that it would be possible but didn’t tell us what really would happen. There were plenty of four seat tables but they wouldn’t accommodate. However, when a preppy white family came in they moved everything around for them.
In closing, here’s the deal:if you live here and you are white you will get great service. If not, well...let’s just say we left and went across the street

3  Thank johngL6329RQ
Reviewed August 3, 2018

This establishment does a wonderful job combining culinary, wine, and service factors. Nice Italian offerings (some other choices, too) and informed servers when it comes to matching wine taste with your order. The only down I mention is that the noise level can be high, which makes visiting with others at your table sometimes challenging. Definitely a Sheboygan establishment to support when in town for business or pleasure.

Reviewed July 27, 2018

A favorite place for many Sheboygan County residents, this is a local Italian restaurant that is always busy. I heard a lot of good reviews so my expectations were probably high. The service was pretty good, and the ambiance was good but the room was on the loud side. I had a pasta dish that was tasty - but was never offered fresh parmigiana, which I though was unusual. This is an Italian restaurant must. Pretty inside, and Stefano is very nice and welcomed us when we arrived. For Sheboygan, this restaurant is more upscale than most, unless you go to the Immigrant Room in Kohler. Stick with the pasta here, which is homemade :)

The experience was average - nothing special about the menu, and pricey. Won't go back.