“Cancelling was not pleasant”
Review of The Rochester Inn

The Rochester Inn
Reviewed 8 October 2015 via mobile

My husband always tries to surprise me with trips, and I wanted to do something nice for him so I tried to cancel. He had booked a room here and it took me three phone calls to get the room cancelled. They did not return my initial call. The second time they told me he had made the reservation through a third party. When I was finally able to speak with the owner she was rude to me. How would she know i may have planned to stay there in the future ? I don't think so now.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ardytho
rochesterinn, Owner at The Rochester Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2015

Oh My....our apologies if you thought we were rude on the phone. I believe our cancellation fee perhaps had more to do with this review, than our demeanor on the phone. Our cancellation fee is on our site and is necessary when one room represent a large percentage of our business. Our $30.00 fee is far less than the third party reservations from Expedia and the like, which is 100%, when cancellation occurs less than 7 days in advance. We would be happy to refund your cancellation fee if you would consider staying. We are confident you would not be disappointed.

Kindly,
Jacquelyn O'Dwanny
Owner

Reviewed 6 October 2015

The Rochester Inn is pretty and clean and apparently “historic.” When we booked the room we read about the two-story suites. As we’re older and don’t want to climb stairs, this was not appealing to us so we booked the one-level room suite instead.

The day we were to come we called and left a message about our arrival time as requested. We were left a voice mail about some construction. It was pretty tough getting to the place as the front of the street was being worked on and we had to find the one way to get there from the back. We persevered however and were able to make it into the free parking on the side of the big building.

Because of the construction the hostess kindly upgraded our suite to one of the 2-story suites. We weren’t thinking and thanked her. We then realized that we would have to take things out of our suitcases to bring up to the room because there was no elevator and we knew we couldn’t carry suitcases up as the stairs were very steep to the second floor. The suites were nice but seemed sort of unnecessary – not sure what’s so bad about one-level. The one we were in was beautifully decorated. The bedding and mattress were very comfortable.

This B&B is close to the town. We were able to walk there and have dinner and shop in some of the charming stores.

The one aspect of a two-story suite that makes it special is that you can watch TV in the living room and then retire to your bedroom upstairs. Our living room TV didn’t work and there was no one on site to fix it. We were told we could call the hostess any time if we needed her, but when we called about the TV she was at her son’s game and it was pretty clear she didn’t want to come and probably couldn’t fix it if she did. We ended up watching programs on an old TV upstairs in bed.

The next day we got a delicious breakfast consisting of fruit, croissant, home-made jam, scrambled eggs, sausage, orange juice, and coffee brought to us in our room. If we ever stayed here again, we would stay in a first-floor room or suite.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2015

I found the Rochester Inn after making last minute travel arrangements and being unable to get in other places. Glad I did. This was a great place, very comfortable, easy to get to, and had lots of room. The breakfasts was awesome. If you are in the area, skip the hotels and go to the Rochester Inn. You will not regret it. I hope to return someday!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 September 2015

We had to find a last minute place to stay near the Sheboygan airport because we could not depart as planned and found this inn on Trip Advisor. We were happy to be able to get in an hour after placing our call, and even though we requested a standard room we were upgraded to a two story suite for the $129. A great deal! And what a charming place! So much less expensive too then staying in next door Kohler, which we had done prior to our stay here. My only dissatisfaction was the bed, which proved to be somewhat saggy in the middle. If this were corrected I would certainly rate it 5 stars.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2015

The Rochester inn was very nice and the service was exceptional! We were arriving late and we got a great suggestion for a Restaurant on our way and an offer to cancel our previous reservation. the concierge took her cell phone to her child's basesall game, so we could contact her when we were close. Warm cookies on our arrival and a wonderful breakfast in our room the next morning were an added plus. The room was great and the suite had 2 stories and a large jaccuzi tub. Lovely place!

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2015

My wife and I spent a relaxing weekend at the Rochester Inn. The room was charming and immaculate! Jacci did a wonderful job of accommodating us, making dining and local sight-seeing recommendations. We had never been to the area before, so her suggestions were extremely helpful. Great place for a quiet getaway, beautifully restored building and guest rooms. We were in one of the 2 story suites, which was fantastic. Breakfast was outstanding. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jon K
Reviewed 12 November 2014 via mobile

My wife and I visited the Rochester Inn over Halloween weekend as we celebrated our birthdays. We cannot say enough great things about Jacci O'Dwanny and her charming establishment. This place has everything you could possibly want in a historic, relaxing getaway: convenient location, unique architecture, spacious rooms, all of the modern amenities you could hope for, comfortable bed linens, delicious breakfast, and fantastic service. We'll certainly be back during our next trip to the Sheboygan/Kohler area; we couldn't imagine staying anywhere else!

Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Victorian Village Resort
Victorian Village Resort
#2 of 2 in Elkhart Lake
4.4 km away
Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43)
2 km away
Days Inn Sheboygan/The Falls
Days Inn Sheboygan/The Falls
#1 of 1 in Sheboygan Falls

Been to The Rochester Inn? Share your experiences!