“Great Value in Stevens Point”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Stevens Point
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Stevens Point
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Hotel was excellent for the price. Pools was small, but nice. The reservations were mess up. We made the mistake of booking through hotels_wisconsin.org. We tried booking a second night through them. When we arrived, they had us booked for two rooms for one night instead of one room for two nights. The hotel straightened this out without a problem.

Room Tip: If you like hot tubbing or swimming, ask for a room near the pool.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Stevens Point

Reviewed 24 December 2011

I've stayed here many times over the past two years and have found it comfortable and pleasant, in an easily accessible location. The reception is always warm. The rooms are well-worn, but well-maintained. The basic rooms offer no real extras (I.e. a coffee pot or fridge), but there are "suites". Pricing is based on supply-demand, so what can be a slightly expensive motel in mid-summer can be a great bargain off-season. Higher rooms toward the back afford relaxing views of northwoods forest, while those to the front are parking lot and busy access road. The Hilltop next door is a great place for local fare and Point beer, with the outdoor terrace in front particularly nice in the summer. A small indoor pool is a nice "bonus" for families with bored children, although a chlorine smell pervades some of the rooms toward that side of the Motel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 November 2011

We were visiting our daughter at college and needed a place to lay our head at night, that's all. And that's what it was. Nothing special, but not horrible, either. We did spend about a half an hour in the pool area and that was nice. It's definately not handy to the college, but by the time we made reservations, all the cheaper roomes in the hotels on Division Street were booked and we thought for $30 we could spend a few extra minutes driving over to La Quinta.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank esperanzasl
Reviewed 22 June 2011

I spent another annual trip this past weekend to the Renewable Energy Fair in Custer, WI. This time I was able to book a room at the La Quinta for June 17 & 18 at $53/night via Hotwire; the total was $127.11 w/all taxes & fees. What a fabulous deal! I don’t remember getting a decent room that cheap in years. It was an excellent value and I would most definitely stay here again, especially at that price!

The location worked perfect for me; right off the interstate I-39 and across Hwy10/Main St from the Energy Fair shuttle at the Econo Lodge. I got a 2nd floor room facing the back, wooded area (away from Main St) so the view was decent. The King bed room for just me was plenty spacious; it would be fine for two adults too. Everything was clean & in great, working condition, no stains, scratches, damage, etc. EXCEPT the fridge knob to control the temperature was missing. Luckily it did not need to be adjusted so I did not contact the hotel about it. So, yes the room had a fridge/freezer bigger than dorm size but not full size. Plenty of room inside, even the freezer was a decent size compared to the dorm size I usually get at hotels. The room also had a microwave that worked fine on defrost and cook (your only two options). The room came with high speed internet but I did not use it. Note: The hotel does not have a “public” PC. The TV & remote worked fine and was what I needed; some of my favorite pay TV channels and a sleep timer. The cooling unit worked great! I did not need the heat and the room stayed very comfortable with running the unit. Before bed I ran the A/C for about 30 mins and that made the room plenty cool. The rest of the night I ran just the fan so I could sleep without waking up from every little noise. Even though the hotel was quiet, I’m a light sleeper so the white noise from the fan lets me sleep. Everything in the bathroom & vanity area was fine too.

The front desk staff was very helpful! The evening guy helped me find a couple places I need to go to. The morning shift did their very best to keep the breakfast fully stocked. Speaking of the breakfast, it was what I’d call “deluxe continental”. The hot items were make your own waffles; which were very good, especially with the peanut butter provided. If you have not tried that combo, give it a try! They also had a toaster for toast & bagels. There was also a microwave but unsure for what. There was also cold cereal, muffins, pastries, milk, juice, coffee, hard boiled eggs & yogurt; plenty of a selection for me to find acceptable grub. My only complaint on breakfast is no fresh fruit even though their web site says it should; no canned fruit either but I don’t eat that stuff.

The pool area is small so even when only two kids are playing, it is very loud. I only used the hot tub and it was plenty hot though the jets were not as powerful as I like. Still it was nice to soak for 5-10 mins before bed. I don’t remember seeing a fitness room or business center though TA lists them as amenities. It’s in a great location for that part of Stevens Point, but is a ways away from downtown and campus, i.e., not walkable to those destinations. But Stevens Point is not that big so it is a short drive. There are lots of places to eat & shop along Hwy 10 near the hotel. The Hilltop restaurant next door is currently rated #1 on TA. I ate there years ago but not on this visit; I remember it was good food at a good price but nothing gourmet, fancy or upscale. It is very much in the WI tavern style.

I recommend the place and would not hesitate to stay here again, especially for under $80/night.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank ttiottn1
Reviewed 6 July 2009

Very cheap price, $57 a night, but you get what you pay for. Rooms weren't very nice. The beds were only full size and very uncomfortable. There was a plumbing problem next door to us which made the sink in our room back up a couple of times. The pool was very cold and the hot tub didn't work. The breakfast was just OK. We ended up staying at the Fairfield Inn just down the road the next time we were in town, much nicer and only a little more expensive.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2008

I stayed at the Stevens Point La Quinta Inn (formerly a Baymont Suites) for one night. They were having issues with the guest wireless internet but were quick to solve the problem. The hotel was very clean and the service was nice. The location is ideal--next door to the Hilltop Pub and just a short drive from the UWSP campus. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank missingmpls
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 March 2006

I stayed at the Bamyont Inn in Stevens Point WI this weekend while visiting family - best service I have had in a hotel and the rooms were very clean - will return again!!

• Stayed: March 2006