“Fun day with something for everyone ”

Door Peninsula Winery
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Located in the heart of Carlsville (10 miles north of Sturgeon Bay), Door Peninsula Winery offers a full tasting experience. Enjoy free samples of all wines and ciders offered by Door Peninsula Winery daily. Sample gourmet foods like Cherry Wine Cheese, homemade fudge, mustards, jellies, salsa and more. Fat Louie's Olive Oils & Vinegars are also available for sample & purchase. Tour the winery production area for only $3 per person. Visit Door County Distillery, attached to the winery, for samples of Award-Winning Gin, Vodkas, Brandies & Whiskey.
Reviewed August 14, 2017 via mobile

Generous and unpretentious wine, beer and spirit tasting. Olive oil and fudge samples too. Nice gift shop. Great store, loved the atmosphere. Always a favorite stop. Recommend the cherry brandy and blackberry merlot!

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"old school"
"tasting room"

Reviewed August 11, 2017 via mobile

I love the wine tasting and distillery tasting here! Fantastic way to introduce yourself to Door Co!

Reviewed July 29, 2017 via mobile

We stopped here during a family reunion. It's a great stop to taste beer, wine and and spirits (over at the distillery). We had a great time tasting and shipping. All of us have different taste in wine and all left with something.

Reviewed July 24, 2017

Normally, I have a good experience at Door Peninsula Winery, but my issue this weekend was with a young lady behind the register, and it wasn't pleasant. I brought up two smaller bottles of wine that were on sale for $5.99 a piece or 3 for $16.99. She rang them up and said my total was $21 and some change. I know that people are busy and make errors, so I explained to her that her these were the smaller bottles, and were only $5.99. She told me that's only if I bought 3. I told her I was pretty sure the sign said $5.99 OR 3 for $16.99. She shrugged her shoulders, muttered "I'm not going to argue with you", and rang them up for the price on the sign. I don't like being made to feel as though I am trying to rip someone off. I am looking for a new winery to visit next time I am up there...any suggestions?

1  Thank Diana B