“A very nice place to stay in Sturgeon Bay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of AmericInn Lodge & Suites Sturgeon Bay

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Sturgeon Bay
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Sturgeon Bay
Madison
“A very nice place to stay in Sturgeon Bay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2011

The lobby is so warm and welcoming with comfortable chairs and a fireplace. I got precisely the room I wanted -- top floor and very quiet -- and check-in was so easy. Very conveniently located on the main highway, close to downtown Sturgeon Bay. Great beds, microwave, fridge, coffeemaker, and WiFi. And the price is great, too. I found the room to be a tad dusty in a couple of places, which is why I only gave this motel a Very Good overall rating.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back, not facing the Target and BP station.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank MadWisconsin
Lisa W, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Sturgeon Bay, responded to this review, 14 November 2011
Dear Wisconsinites,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments. We do appreciate every review we receive. We will work on our problem areas and hope to have them resoved before your next stay. Thanks again for the kind words and we hope to see you again.

Best Regards,
Lisa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Clinton, Mississippi
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2011

We paid $144/night for a fireplace suite which was probably only worth max. $70/night and I was expecting $144/night amenities. The room was very outdated, oddly configured (looked nothing like the photos on the website), and the furniture and bedding were obviously worn . Also, the temperature could not be regulated in our room, the sitting/fireplace room was at least 5 degrees warmer than the bedroom with the air blasted and 2 fans running...and we NEVER turned the fireplace on! Most likely this was a function of being on the 2nd floor and close to the pool. The suites should be the best rooms in the hotel, but in fact our room was quite a disappointment. I don't mind paying good money for a nice room, which is why I booked here based on other's reviews and past stays with other AmericInn hotels, however this was not the case. In comparison, I paid $150/night in an Alaskan B&B this summer (during the high season) which was definitely worth the money. The AmericInn, Sturgeon Bay, wasn't even in the same playing field, but yet almost the same cost. It actually hurt when I had to check out and the front desk lady handed me the bill for ~$350 for 2 nights. She asked me about my stay and I told her I was disappointed for the various reasons. She looked at me and said.."sorry"...handed me the bill, and said "have a nice day". That about sums it up!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MSFishGirl
Lisa W, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Sturgeon Bay, responded to this review, 14 October 2011
Dear MSFishGirl,
I have investigated your concerns and will take the appropriate steps to ensure that the challenges you experienced do not happen again. In the future, we do appreciate being informed of any issues that may arise while you are still our guest to allow our staff the opportunity to rectify the issue and make your stay as comfortable as possible. Unfortunately we were unable to do this during your stay and we do regret that. I am very sorry your stay was less than you expected and would like an opportunity to have you stay with us in the future as I offered previously. Again, I do apologize and assure you your stay was atypical compared to those of the majority of our guests. We welcome you to come back and try us again.
Most Sincerely,
Monroe, WI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

After reading the other reviews of this motel, I question people's standards. The NS King room we had was very small and very dirty. There was hair and fuzzy stuff on the floor. The bathroom had a build up of grime in the corners. It's obvious their staff doesn't take pride in a job well done as everywhere we looked there was dirt. The front desk attendant was not at all personable and didn't want to be bothered with any questions. This was my first experience with AmericInn and will also be my last. Not recommended.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank MarsFire1968
Dear MarsFire1,
I am very sorry your experience did not live up to your expectations and we do take your review very seriously and have addressed your concerns with our housekeeping staff. I did speak with the staff member that was on duty at your check in and found she had offered another option for you when we didn't have a particular room type available for you, however apparently that was not acceptable. We often do fill up this time of year and I would suggest requesting anything special when you make your reservation in order for your needs to be met. Again, I do apologize your stay was not as you had expected and I do hope you will give us another chance in the future to prove this was not typical of the experience our guest usually have.
Best Regards,
Springville, IA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2011

Nothing special about this motel.
2 rm suite was overpriced and feel like it needs updating
or something....seemed kind of drab.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Lisa W, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Sturgeon Bay, responded to this review, 4 October 2011
Dear mrskks,
Thank you for your honesty and taking the time to share your review. I have good news for you, we do have many updates in the very near future that will make your future stay with us much more enjoyable. I hope you will give us a try the next time you are in Door County.

Most Sincerely,
Middleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2011

I checked 25-30 other lodging options ranging from $150-250/night. I paid $104 here! The entire property was very clean. Staff were very friendly & helpful. Our room was great: bathroom with separate sink area VERY clean, bed was comfortable, microwave & refrigerator. QUIET location across from gas station & walking distance to Target. Nice lobby with a large display of pamphlets & magazines for local attractions/activities, plus the visitor center is 1-2 min down the highway. They had a basket with about 40 actual menus from the area. There are 2 guest computers with good speed & printers. Indoor pool/hot tub looked clean. Breakfast is the usual items you would expect, plus biscuits & gravy. You can drive to the tip of the peninsula in an hour. Great experience @ an affordable rate.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Dear cadavis2,
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, I will definately share your review with the rest of the staff. If there is anything we can do to improve your future stays, please let us know. We look forward to seeing you again!

Very Sincerely,
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2011

This motel is conveniently located at the south end of Sturgeon Bay next to a Target and fast food options. The staff was wonderful about accommodating our need to check in an hour early in order to change for an event further north. We also appreciated that virtually every other hotel in the area required a minimum three-day stay, and AmericInn was happy to take our reservation for multiple rooms for the single night we needed to be here. The room itself was standard fare but was clean and smelled fresh. The beds were comfortable and the in-room a.c. unit operated quietly and efficiently. The lighting would be somewhat dim for business work, but the room had both a desk and a corner table at which to work. The room was also equipped with a microwave and refrigerator, a thoughtful extra along with free breakfast and WIFI. This was my first experience with this hotel chain, and I would definitely stay with them again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank biztravelerChicago
Lisa W, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Sturgeon Bay, responded to this review, 2 September 2011
Dear biztravelerChicago,
Thank you so very much for your glowing review. We all certainly very much appreciate knowing we have done our jobs and your stay was what we hoped it to be. We look forward to seeing you in the near future and hope to continue to exceed your expectations upon your next visit. Thank you again!
Very Sincerely,
Ames, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2011

Very clean,great breakfast and nice staff. The pool is well kept and big.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMDoor, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Sturgeon Bay, responded to this review, 16 August 2011
Dear Beth G,
I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us while visiting our area. We hope to see you and your family again on future visits to Door County. We genuinely appreciate the time you took to share your observations about our hotel and staff. Thank you very much!
Very sincerely,
36.4 km away
Homestead Suites
Homestead Suites
#2 of 10 in Fish Creek

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Sturgeon Bay? Share your experiences!