“Once again, a HUGE thank you!!”

Chanticleer Guest House
Ranked #5 of 15 Sturgeon Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Another HUGE thank you to the staff and owners at the Chanticleer Guest House! It may be Winter and colder out; this just creates a new atmosphere of comfort! This visit was the 3rd time back and was just as relaxing and just as hard to head back home. This time around, we booked our stay in the stables suite, which was an experience in itself. The room was very inviting and most enjoyable. There's something about sitting next to the fireplace and having a view of the outside, that really made you relax. This experience goes to show, that it doesn't matter what season it is, you will always be taken care of at the Chanticleer and you can come to expect a most memorable visit!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 November 2011

I have stayed at the Chanticleer over the last several years exclusively during the late Summer. This year I decided to return over the Thanksgiving Weekend. I found the Guesthouse to be cozy and decorated for the holidays. While the pace at the Chanticleer and in Door County is slower than in the Summer, it is still the perfect get away for a peaceful weekend to recharge your batteries.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank jsajmd
Reviewed 9 November 2011

Was there for 4 days last weekend - check in quick and easy. Room was great - very comfortable and extremely roomy. Was kind of cool out - will be back when we can sit on the porch and jump in the pool. Loved the property and room.

Room Tip: loved the Stables Suite
1  Thank sharaty
Reviewed 17 October 2011

Spent yesterday, last night and this morning at the Chanticleer Guest house in Sturgeon Bay and we were SO pleased! We stayed in the 'Sunflower room which is decorated beautifully in-you guessed it various Sunflower types of artwork. Even the lovely yellow Fiesta Ware that the breakfast was served on matched the decor. Not a detail was missed! The bathroom was pretty basic, with a shower and pedistal sink, however in the living area itself, is a really nice double whirlpool tub, which after spending the day outdoors, was really nice and relaxing. there is also a gas fireplace, which I believe each of the rooms has, and we also enjoyed wine on our personal balcony-always a must as far as I'm concerned. The linens are very nice quality and we had a real great nights sleep on them. There are two very nice hiking trails, and we had the pleasure of seeing a spectacular sunrise from our room this morning! We loved the breakfast-and I cant stress enough how important my coffee is in the morning and they MORE than came through on the coffee! We didnt have the pleasure of meeting Darrin, but Bryon was just charming! We will most certainly be back. Next time I'd love to rent one of the beautiful cottages, and stay at least another night! Our only disappointment was they did not TBS on cable, and the Brewers were playing an important game that we had planned on watching in our room. We left for awhile to watch at one of the local pubs, but in all honesty, we weren't there to watch tv anyway. That might be one thing to keep in mind tho If that is one of the things on your must have list, do ask when you reserve your room about the TV. Otherwise, everything was perfect!

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the suites in the barn and had a lovely view of the sunrise, right from our room...
Reviewed 14 October 2011

We just got back from celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary at the Chanticleer. It far exceeded our expectations. We stayed in a couple different suites. We loved both of them! The rooms were large, yet cozy and super clean. I loved that all the little details throughout the room. The towels and bedding were soft and smelled so good. The owners were attentive and truly cared that you enjoyed your stay. What more can I say except that I would highly recommend this B & B to anyone. We plan on coming back and can't wait!

Reviewed 10 October 2011

I had the best time here with my wife in the Tamarack cabin for an incredible weekend. Sunny and 80s is not the norm for October. The fact that I got to drive 35 to 40 minutes for lunch or dinner with the top down was a bonus.Drive on the lake shore road up to the places of interest in door count. If you are looking for a picture perfect setting and don't want to be near it all, just close, then this place is for you. Could not imagine anything being more thought out in terms of the cabin. I noticed as we were leaving that there was a tv dish. Can't imagine anyone going here and needing it, but I guess there is a tv.

Room Tip: cabins are listed in order on website as you drive in. All in a row. All look new.
Reviewed 23 September 2011

I first have to start by saying thank you very much to the owners and the rest of the staff for making this stay an exceptional visit to Sturgeon Bay, WI. We stayed in the Granary Suite and it was perfect! I highly suggest this Bed and Breakfast as a must for anyone who wants to be able to take in the atmosphere and truly relax. When we went to check-in, immediately you are taken in by the charm of the fireplace and the wonderful aroma's of the baked goods. The innkeepers were very helpful at getting us set up and into our room and started us off at what turned out to be a great experience. Having breakfast delivered to your door is a service in itself; I want the recipe for those muffins! Truly, the owners and staff had an integral role in our stay and I already scheduled another vacation at the Chanticleer. Very rare do I write reviews, but I felt this needed mentioning for sure, if you haven't stayed; your missing out!

Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
30.8 km away
Homestead Suites
Homestead Suites
#3 of 10 in Fish Creek

Been to Chanticleer Guest House? Share your experiences!