“Modest Accommodations--ok for one night as you're passing thru”

Super 8 Sun Prairie/Madison E
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Sun Prairie
Reviewed 10 October 2007

This hotel is right off Hwy 151 and convenient to restaurants, gas stations and return hwy access. The place feels dated and of bare bones quality. The bed is small and rather uncomfortable, the bathroom dimly lit, the carpet dated, though clean. The TV had a number of channels. Parking lot was well lit. If you need a cheap place to stay when on the way somewhere, this will work. I can't imagine staying much beyond one night, though.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank ICB

Reviewed 2 September 2007

While I understand that Super 8 is a basic budget hotel chain, this one is very clean and nice, and well-located.

I travel often with a dog, and the location of this hotel really sold me. The property is adjacent to a municipal park, which in turn is surrounded by residential streets with homes and sidewalks. These features made this the perfect place to get a little walking exercise for my dog and myself - something that is not really available at many hotels.

The hotel itself looks fairly new. Everything worked in the room. It was clean, and the bed was decent although the pillows were a little flat. The cable TV offered lots of options. Breakfast was the routine coffee/juice/stale donut variety - no great shakes. A plus is the availability of a PC next to the lobby to view the internet - this seems to be becoming a staple of the Super 8 chain, and I wish that more chains would start to follow suit. Not all of us have laptops or can afford to carry the extra bag needed to hold the laptop.

While Sun Prairie is reasonably close to Madison, there are not many choices available for restaurants. The little place across the street smelled greasy when I opened the door, so I left. Another establishment down the street looked more like a tavern than a restaurant. I wish I would have just driven 6 miles down the road into Madison.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank chowowner
A TripAdvisor Member
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed 19 June 2006

I stayed at the Super 8 in Sun Prairie on a trip to attend a friends wedding. Upon arrival, I was pleased with the exterior and the friendliness of the staff. Unfortunately, when I arrived in my room, I was greeted with a musty damp smell. The carpet was wrinkled, and it looked as if the carpet had been pulled up and put back down again. I thought perhaps the room suffered water damage, and a subpar repair was done. However, when I turned on the AC, I found this was the source of the smell. I removed the plastic covering and found the filter to be absolutely filthy. Dust balls were hanging off of it, and dirt was clearly visible throughout the unit. I also found that the AC unit was set to cycle on and off. I didn't think much of this until I returned to my room after the rehearsal dinner. The room was hot, and the AC was not running even though I left it set to "On" and "Cool". Once I change the hidded switch from cycle to On, the unit ran continuously until the room was cool. My other disappointment was that there was no iron in the room. I borrowed an iron from the front desk, but it was literally straight out of the 70's. The bottom of the iron was stained, which in turn rubbed off onto my shirt. I ended up going out and buying a travel iron instead. Overall the staff was very friendly and helpful. Unfortunatley, the condition of the facilities would prevent me from staying here againl

• Stayed: June 2006
22.1 km away
Super 8 Madison South
Super 8 Madison South
#12 of 63 in Madison

Been to Super 8 Sun Prairie/Madison E? Share your experiences!