See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 28, 2017

A nice motel for the night on a fishing trip. Great value for the money. Not new, but clean and decent beds.

Ate next door at the "club".. Home cooked style meal was good for the price. Again, nothing fancy, but very convenient.

A billing mistake was caught by the staff, and handled easily. Thank You!

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Terry M
Reviewed March 4, 2017 via mobile

This hotel is not up scale or modern but it is very comfortable. It is very cheap. There is no pool but 5 min away is the Quality hotel but for 10 dollars you can use there pool and hot tub. You are only 10 min away from Madison where there is a lot to do. For the money it is a great place to stay. I enjoyed my stay

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Diana G
Reviewed July 21, 2016 via mobile

Very clean nostalgic hotel. We were able to check in at 12 and really appreciated it. We loved the free drink tickets. It was convenient to have the bar & restaurant next door. The food was very good. I would stay there again.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank 661carriep
Reviewed March 11, 2016 via mobile

Stayed here on a overnight Business trip. Hotel was old but very comfortable and immaculately clean. I would stay here again next time in town. Attached Resturant was pretty good, Steak was very good and Staff friendly. Cocktails were cheap and Top Shelf and not akimpy.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed February 29, 2016

I have not had the pleasure of staying at this historic Motel. However, I just made a reservation for my Dad and his wife to stay. I am confident that while this is not he Hilton, it is a family owned historic Motel that strives to create a stay that is pleasurable and homey. The person that took my reservation was very polite. I am a resident of Sun Prairie, and McGovern's is an institution!!!

Date of stay: February 2016