other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Average - based on 1 review

Reviews from our community

Chris W
“Not our best rental in Wisconsin”
Reviewed September 7, 2016 for a stay in August 2016
people found this review helpful

My wife and I have stayed in many rental homes in Wisconsin and Michigan and are now doing so with our 6 and 8 year old sons. We thought it would be nice to rent closer to our home in Chicago so that our parents could easliy visit for the day. We chose to rent on Lake Mary just over the Wisconsin border. We arrived on a Thursday to find a large boat parked in the driveway. This prevented us from properly parking both our cars in the driveway, so we were forced to park on the lawn. The property is very close to surrounding properties and there is no street parking. The house was covered in cobwebs and bugs, there were a number of light bulbs that needed to be changed, and the bathtub and shower stall were rust-stained. I cleaned up the outside of the house, grill, and bathrooms and changed all the bulbs over the course of two hours. Otherwise, the inside of the house was very spacious, the lawn was large and the dock serviceable. On Saturday, we had our family and friends come up for the day. We met one of the neighbors that morning when he banged on the door demanding that we move our rental pontoon boat away from his dock. I later received a text from the owner indicating that he had been told by a neighbor that we had parked a number of cars "all over my lawn." That was true as we had guests up for the day, he had parked his boat in the driveway, and there was no street parking. I informed the owner that we were only having guests up for the day and would not exceed the maximum number of 8 overnight guests. I have the impression that the Twin Lakes area is not keen on renters in general and that this owners is new to having renters. I would advise against this rental due to hostility from the neighbors and general lack of cleanliness. Otherwise, our experience was good and the lake was a nice escape for the weekend.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: lakefront location
Liked least: lack of cleanliness
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
8 Sep 2016
Interesting review and no we are not new to rentals, nor does Twin Lakes frown upon renters. I very much disagree with some of your , items listed above. For one, "This prevented us from properly parking both our cars in the driveway." There was a boat up against the garage (which is 99% of the time in the water), but there is still plenty of room to park 3+ cars in driveway PROPERLY. I had 4 cars in the driveway just this past weekend.

The house was also professionally cleaned 2 days before you arrived. The exterior will have bugs, it's in a wooded area of Wisconsin. As for light bulbs, I apologize for this, but I know we always keep them on hand for renters, if this is ever an issue.

The listing states a max of 8 people at a time. My realtor/neighbor text me that there were well over 10 people and a ton of cars all over the lawn. If you want to throw parties, I'd suggest finding a rental that has a higher max persons allowed. Furthermore, I'm sure you wouldn't want cars parking on your lawn at home.

I'm not sure how your rented boat was parked but we've had other renters with both a pontoon and wave runner, with no issues.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing