“Chinese food”

Kim's Garden
Ranked #116 of 183 Restaurants in Waukesha
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 12 August 2015 via mobile

We tried this restaurant for take out. We ordered beef and broccoli, sechwan beef, egg rolls, crab Rangoon and sweet and sour chicken. Beef had a good taste but tough to chew. Sechwan was not good at all bad taste like canned hot sauce. Egg rolls were tasty but too chewy. Crab Rangoon was very good. Once is enough for this place. We have decided when we want Chinese food we will make the drive to 108 th and Oklahoma to fortune restaurant in milwaukee.

Reviewed 7 December 2014

We go often and they never disappoint. The staff is always friendly even when they are busy. They are very busy for their lunch buffet but dinner time is a great time to go. Great for takeout too.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We used to always choose Kim's Garden when we wanted take-out, however the last few times we have ordered have been very disappointing. Last night was the final straw. The meat, particularly the beef in the spicy beef, was so tough I would have bet money on it that it was microwaved before dumped in the sauce! Their egg rolls used to rival any I've ever had, but last night ours were terrible. Half the width of their normal size, they maybe had 2 mini shrimp in them, no pork, no veggies and a bunch of skin from the egg roll wrappers. Also ordered sesame chicken for my boys. Specifically asked for a little bit spicy, as I always do. Hubby picks it up and calls me and says the box says "Hot". Instead of waiting while he goes back and asks them to remake it, I just ask him to request more sweet and sour to mask the heat. The lady actually wanted to charge him $.40 for each container, even though it was their mistake! Not sure what was going down in that kitchen?!? Sadly, this isn't the first time we have noticed these changes. Luckily, we have more choices in Waukesha. Funny, that the only reason I sent my husband back to Kim's Garden was because they owed us a free egg roll, because last time they forgot to put one in our bag! So long Kim's Garden...

Reviewed 26 August 2013

I think they have the best chicken chop suey it reminds me of a place in Milwaukee my family an i used to get takeout from.

Reviewed 24 October 2012

We have never had a bad meal here. Our service has always been excellent as well. Now we do order the same thing every time we go (House special dinner, Cashew chicken dinner, {both with egg roll & white rice}, ala carte vegetable egg foo yong and ala carte pork fried rice. Two pots of tea and fortune cookies round out our regular meal. We take leftovers home and enjoy 1 and a half more meals. We have tried other Chinese restaurants in the area, the service, the food and the portions simply don't compare to Kim's.