“Local favorite”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Locals who love good Chinese cuisine go here. Located in the old Wausau hotel in downtown Wausau. Bar is great. Try Mimi's Mojitos. Dine in the dining room, not the less formal entry way. Don't let the entrance or the rest of the hotel keep you away.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed August 30, 2017

We tend to eat here a couple times a year, and the food used to be very good...don't know what happened, but my favorite...Pork Shanghai...was a bit disappointing the last few times, so decided to try the ham fried rice. That was VERY disappointing! Besides having very little flavor, the ham was so tiny...don't know how they could even cut it that small, and not an adequate amount. My husband's Pepper Steak was pretty good, but he said he has had better. Our server was very polite, and the service is very good, but for some reason the food has been going downhill.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed August 26, 2017

Went with group of friends for lunch. Pretty unique location / facility. Restaurant itself is very nice but unfortunately, the grand old building it's in looks like it's on it's way out and my guess is that the fact it's now been turned into apartments, suggests so. Some of the tenants look a bit down and out.
Food was excellent, staff very friendly but I still find it unpleasing to have human tatoo covered folks serving or handling my food. ( Yea, I know my bias is showing). Prices mixed with some entries being reasonable and the sides being high.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed July 19, 2017

The Peking is a pleasant establishment that boasts good service, decent food and reasonable prices. It is, however, strangely located inside a downtown apartment building with the restaurant entrance inside the Landmark Apartments lobby. Sandwich boards on the boulevard confirm that the restaurant is difficult to find, which likely explains why an associate and I were the only two diners in the Peking between noon and 1:00 p.m. on a weekday.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed April 26, 2017

Went with a group of 7 for lunch - we were suprised at how quickly we received our food. All of the dishes were very good - i had strawberry Chicken, it was so good. Being my meal is a seasonal specialty it was pricey but a nice treat. I also had crab rangoons - I have never seen any stuffed so full, they were amazing! Our waitress was helpful & efficient - she had someone following her around - guessing she was in training. If you have anot been here go not only for the food but also the beautiful architecture in the restaurant - you do not see buildings like this often.

Date of visit: April 2017