“Lo Mein Heaven!”

Add it.
Mandarin Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #44 of 170 Restaurants in Wausau
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Best lo mein in Wausau! Cashew chicken is always predictably delicious. Shrimp fried rice is to die for!! Reasonably priced buffet for lunch and good lunch time specials pricing. I order from here again and again!

Reviewed June 18, 2018

Dining room over looks the river, nice decor.
Good daily brunch selections varied. All food homemade, hot and very tasteful. Owners and server Sergio always welcoming.

Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

In 20+ years of coming to Wausau to eat out, I’d never been to the Mandarin, until my Mother suggested we go.

The parking spaces were exceedingly limited and unless you have a car with really good turning radius, you will have problems getting in/out.

Now, I like the concept of having an in door and an out door, but the overall internal atmosphere is not dissimilar to visiting one of the last remaining blockbuster video locations.

The buffet looked old and was very limited at an $8+ price.

We opted to order from the lunch menu, which was good, but adding surprise vegetables to soups that normally do not contain peas was a terrible choice.

Two lunches, two soups and two sodas left is with a bill of $24.25.

The only overall redeeming qualities were the view of the river and the entree.

I’m sure my parents will be back again, but I’ll stick to my tried and true restaurants for Asian cuisine in the future.

Reviewed October 4, 2017

This place has some of the best Asian food I've had anywhere, outside of cities like Seattle that have a large Asian population. I can't say enough positive about it. It was my first visit and there was only one other person with me, so I only had the opportunity to try two different dishes plus an appetizer -- everything was excellent. I can't remember the name of the sauce on the scallops, but they were totally amazing, unlike anything I've had before, and I'm not ordinarily a huge fan of seafood in Asian food. If you're anywhere near this restaurant.............go!!!

Reviewed August 14, 2017 via mobile

I ordered the sweet and sour shrimp and crab Rangoon. It was $22 which I think was a little much. The food was average, nothing spectacular. The delivery lady and person on the phone were very friendly.