“Very sad to have to leave a poor rating”
Review of Texas Roadhouse

Texas Roadhouse
Ranked #12 of 165 Restaurants in Wausau
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 1, 2017

This restaurant has been a local favorite since it opened in the Wausau area. It was a favorite of our family too. You could count on some entertainment ( fun little dance routines done by the workers every half hour or so). You could count on fantastic service. You didn't have to ask for drink refills, extra rolls, or where your waiter disappeared to. They were the most attentive bar none in the Wausau area. We averaged three visits a year and we would rave and ask why other restaurants didn't learn from the example set by this restaurant. The parking lot is always full from the time they open until they close week in and week out. Unfortunately, things have really changed. I took my family out this evening and was so disappointed on all levels. Service was horrible. For the hour and change we were seated, we were given one drink refill. The waitress didn't introduce herself. She was not personable at all. I asked her for more rolls twice and she never brought them. She never asked how our food was, if we were celebrating a special occasion, or even if we had been to the restaurant before. Even the portion size left me frustrated. I ordered the half chicken and ended up with a leg, wing and tiny thigh portion that was smaller than a single piece of fried chicken typically served at Pizza Ranch. I don't go to Pizza Ranch the for quality service, entertainment, or the portions but I can tell you they now win out on all categories when compared to Texas Roadhouse. How very disappointing!!!

1  Thank WeheartLuke

Reviewed March 28, 2017

Fast service, prompt hot food, excellent wait staff, steaks perfect! Medium steak hot, warm pink center, daughter had medium well, slight pink and not burned on the outside. Cactus onion out of this world, homemade mashed potatoes terrific and hot.

Reviewed March 28, 2017

I went to dinner here with my sons and it was what I have come to expect from all Texas Roadhouses. The food and service were very good

Reviewed March 21, 2017

The steaks here are excellent. I love the loaded sweet potato and the armadillo punch. The only negative is the noise level but the food is totally worth it.

Reviewed March 8, 2017

We came here on a Sunday night, which surprisingly, was very busy. We were informed there would be a 30 minute wait, but since there was a couple of seats available at the bar, we were ok with that. My GF had a Armadillo Punch drink, which was not very big, and certainly not worth $6. My large beer was average price at $5.50.
We were seated after the 30 minute wait. The waiter was very friendly and took our order. Our Cactus Bloom appetizer came after 10-15 minutes - not too bad. But our steaks took another 30-45 minutes. We didn't order anything fancy. My GF had a 6 oz. steak and a baked potato. I had the country fried steak and a baked potato. Her steak was cooked to order. My country fried steak was very thin and mostly breading. I should have known better. But the wait for our food was much longer than needed. The hour wait to get our main course was excessive. Our waiter (I forgot to get his name) was very attentive and kept apologizing for the delay. I am sure he was getting beat up by all the other patrons about the wait times.

Been to Texas Roadhouse? Share your experiences!