“Dinner at Texas Roadhouse”
Review of Texas Roadhouse

Texas Roadhouse
Ranked #12 of 168 Restaurants in Wausau
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 8, 2017

We had taken another couple here and everyone had really great food. It's a little loud but nothing you can't handle in other word to be expected here. Kids were around, and they do have a early dinner break in prices which is great. We are older so we don't eat allot and the prices and steaks and food was excellent.

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed August 7, 2017 via mobile

We have stopped at Texas Roadhouse on numerous occasions but won't go back for awhile. Our server Nicole didn't really want to work is the vibe we got. Didn't refill our drinks, didn't come back and see if we needed anything. Had to ask other servers for what we needed. Nicole dropped our bill of as she walked passed our table.

Our food was lukewarm at best. My daughter ordered double mashed potatoes so she could share with my grand daughter and Nicole rolled her eyes. My daughter had the portabella chicken and it was so salty she had to scrape the sauce off. My country fried steak all the batter fell off when I cut into it and the meat was grey and grisly. Asked to see a manager and nobody came over.

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank DisappointedMom
Reviewed July 26, 2017 via mobile

This is the first place that I have been that has peanuts for you to snack on while you wait for your table. I thought it was sad that customers drop their shells all over the floor making a big mess for the staff to clean up. My burger was good. The staff were excellent!!! Many people in my family love their steaks and one of my daughters likes the ribs a lot. Everyone loves the rolls!!! Definitely a favorite stop for my family.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed July 16, 2017

My food was good ( beef tips, grave, mushrooms, onions, wit potatoes). My wife's ribs were overdone dry and a little burned on the bottom (I have had bad luck with ribs in the past here). The service was fast and friendly. Was asked multiple time by multiple people if all was good. was surprised the bill cam to less than $35 for the two of us.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed June 14, 2017 via mobile

The rib meat was fall off the bone tender however, absolutely no flavor other that the sauce the cooks threw on the top to brown it off in the broiler. You could tell the meat was not prepared properly and had no flavor to it other than the top sauce. Service was lacking too and the experience was not fun like a true Texas steak house would be. The management and the staff need to get enthusiastic about what they do. Texans love their meat and appreciate a proper BBQ. Apparently, the management believes the good people of WI don't know the difference.

Date of visit: June 2017
1  Thank Mr_Review2017

Been to Texas Roadhouse? Share your experiences!