New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Super 8 Wautoma
Super 8 Wautoma
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Wautoma
Southern Wisconsin
“Very Nice Stay...... Super Helpful Staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2008

I Stayed at the Super 8 in Wautoma Years Ago so Decided to Return as My First Stay Was Super & This Stay Was As Well!

Upon My Arrival Laura at the Front Desk Was A Charm! I Had Booked Online & Mentioned I Would Prefer a Non Smoking Room Due to Asthma. Laura Noticed My Online Request & Put Me Upstairs So I Would Not Be Close to Smoking Rooms Already Booked. I Was Concerned About Getting My Luggage Upstairs With My Asthma as There is No Elevator But Laura Offered to Help Me If I Needed Help.....How Very Sweet She Was! The Room Was Super Clean & I Was Super Pleased! In the King Room You Have A King Bed, Recliner Chair, Desk Plus Table With 2 Chairs & a Nice Size TV With Plenty of Cable Channels. They Have a Fridge Which Includes a Top Freezer and a Microwave and Coffee Maker. This Was All On a Wall With Counter Top & Sink Which is Really Nice. FREE High Speed Internet Connected Immediately & Never Let Me Down. If I Have Any Complaints it Was That The Bed Was a Bit to Firm for Me But That Was MY Problem & Not the Motels. Upon Checkout I Wanted to Book a Room for a Upcoming Event & When I Asked if There Was a Room With Softer Bedding She Showed Me a Neat Room Which Has a Queen Bed in a Separate Bedroom & Sofa Plus the Fridge/Microwave Combo and Two TV's. It is a Very Good Size Room & Will Be Perfect for Our 3 Day Stay. Laura Actually Checked the Bedding For Me Stating This Was a Newer Mattress & Might Offer Me a Bit More Comfort As Well. My AAA Rates Were Very Reasonable. Always Be Sure to Check the Super 8 Website Before You Actually Reserve. I Had the Chance to Sign Up for a Promotion For Double Points On This Stay. There is a Breakfast Room But I Did Not Eat That Morning As I Slept in Late. I Enjoyed My Stay & Will Return.

• Liked — The Helpful Staff & Clean Room
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled solo
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2008

First of all, the motel has base board heaters,..sure sign of old motel,..next the fireplace in lobby did not even work.. advertised wood burning fireplace in lobby... there t.v's were from the 1970's

Check in was a disaster... lady at front desk acted like she had no clue of our arrival..we had booked 6 rooms.. the motel probaly had 5 other customer the whole weekend we were there...so looking for our reservation a third grader could of found it..anyhow, finally found it,.....with help form myself and friend..

This place does not like kids ! very un-family friendly,...kids had
to be out of pool by 9:15....and nothing to do in lobby...
Staff is very rude and read a book the whole time behind desk...

Please take my advice and book at the one down the street..
AmerInn .. we checked it out and much better !!! this place was a joke ! I am a travel agent and would not even give this a star rating.. go to other not this one....

• Liked — nothing...
  • Disliked — staff and poor motel overall
  • Stayed January 2008
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
wautomadesi, Owner - General Manager at Super 8 Wautoma, responded to this review, 2 February 2008

Please disregard the last review from the disgruntled woman. Every year we discount our rates 35-40% for a CHURCH Group out of IL. Without this discount, it is my understanding that the underprivleged children would not be able to come ski in beautiful Waushara county. After this huge discount, this woman has the nerve to make up lies about our property. Why? Not sure. To clear some things up, I'd like to refute a few of her comments:

- Wood burning fireplace: We have never had a wood burning fireplace, rather we have a gas one that has been inoperable for 3 years.
- The reservation we could not find was under "IL State Ski Retreat" not under the individuals name
- The kids from the CHURCH group were making out in the hot tub...so my staff was a bit strict with them
- My TV's are all brand new 27" as of May '06.
- My 3rd shift clerk doesn't read books! :)
- It is my understanding that though baseboard heaters are "old technology" they still produce heat!

She is correct though, the AmericInn down the street is a very nice hotel, and if you'd like to stay there please do. I own that one too! :) And don't worry, the disgruntled lady won't be there, she is on both of our "no rent" lists.
Twentynine Palms, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2007

A road-weary family of 4; we were ready to take what we could get. What a suprise! Clean and friendly. Nice, clean pool and a very nice free breakfast. We feel confortable reccomending this hotel.

• Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wautoma
1.4 km away
34.8 km away
Heidel House Resort & Spa
Heidel House Resort & Spa
#1 of 4 in Green Lake

Been to Super 8 Wautoma? Share your experiences!