“Treat Yourself or Someone You Love!!”

Holey Moley Coffee + Doughnuts
Ranked #3 of 3 Dessert in Wauwatosa
Price range: US$2 - US$6
Description: Scratch-made doughnuts using whole, quality ingredients. Paired with local coffee and espresso drinks, enjoy a wide selection of styles including cake, raised, filled, fritters, doughnut holes as well as vegan and gluten-friendly options. We open at 6:30 AM every morning and close at 1:00 PM, or until we sell out of doughnuts. Daily offerings posted on our Facebook and Instagram pages.
Reviewed October 9, 2018

This was my first time here. Stopped in to buy some donuts for my daughters, I'm not much into sweets myself. Excellent customers service in this small, bright shop. I bought 3 different kinds of donuts, all vegan and nut free. They had 5 flavors that were vegan and one had nuts (we have a nut allergy in our house so I didn't buy that one). The cinnamon spice donut was vegan, gluten free and nut free. I wasn't even going to try the donuts since I didn't really buy them for myself, but I ended up trying the spice one. It was amazingly good with a texture that crumbled and melted in your mouth unlike any other donut I HAVE EVER HAD!! In my opinion conventional donuts are heavy, too sweet, and unremarkable, and I have little interest in feeling the remorse after such an indulgence, BUT NOW I have acquired an affection for these exceptional donuts by Holey Moley. I also got a vanilla latte w/soy milk and it was very good and not too sweet ( I don't like things that are excessively sweet). Even if you are not vegan, or lactose intolerent, or have a nut allergy or gluten intolerence, YOU MUST TRY THESE donuts!!! They really are GOOD. And yes, they are much more expensive than your average grocery store bakery ones, but the taste doesn't even compare. So treat yourself or someone you love!!

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed August 21, 2018

I am so surprised to see the reviews on here. I tried Holey Moley for the first time several days ago on a trip to Milwaukee. I have eaten doughnuts all over the place and I thought these were some of the best.

If you want chocolate with sprinkles, go to your local chain doughnut shop. If you are looking for inventive flavors and unique combinations, give this place a shot. The Baby Spice Cake and Passionfruit were my favorites! They have a lot of cake doughnuts, but also have yeast, sour cream old fashioneds, and fritters.

Sure, they are pricier than other doughnuts, but aren't stale yeast doughnuts shipped from a factory: they are specialty doughnuts. Vegans can happily find many options here!

Tip: If you have your heart set on certain flavors, order online prior to 3PM the day before and just stop in to pick them up.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed June 21, 2018

Had a variety of donuts from Holey Moley on Burleigh in Wauwatosa. Maybe I've just been really, really lucky with fresh donuts from other places, but overall the donuts were good but not great, especially given the price.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed April 19, 2018 via mobile

First, the donuts were delicious! And they had a pretty good selection even though it was later in the day. However, the extremely poor customer service makes me never want to go back. It felt like we were interrupting their day when we came in. The guy was nice enough but the girl seemed perpetually irritated by having to do her job. We got sassy responses and eye rolling from her, it was incredibly rude and off-putting. I’ve worked in customer service my whole life, so I get it, there are always bad days. This was absolutely unnecessary though and I unfortunately won’t be back.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed September 10, 2017

We finally went to check out the donuts. It is a tiny store - they had 10 flavors the Sunday morning we stopped in. I think maybe more? A tiny area for sitting to drink coffee & eat your donut. We took ours to go - they must have run out of bags so they offered us a box for our 2 donuts. Maybe more people eat them there or outside.

The apple fritter was huge - it didn't have the nasty aftertaste or greasy taste I've had at other donut shops. It had good flavor! I really haven't found a decent apple fritter in many years. My friend had a maple pecan creme donut - I tried a bite it was very good.

The donuts might be considered a tad pricey to some but I didn't think it was bad since they tasted so good. Not a place I would go to every day or even every week but I know some who do.

Date of visit: August 2017