Chula Vista Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Birchcliff Resort(Wisconsin Dells)
Meadowbrook Resort(Wisconsin Dells)
View Hotel
Day's End Motel(Wisconsin Dells)
River Inn(Wisconsin Dells)
View Hotel
Bridge View Motel(Wisconsin Dells)
Parkway Motel(Wisconsin Dells)
View Hotel
River Road Motel(Wisconsin Dells)
Gables Motel(Wisconsin Dells)
Finch Motel(Wisconsin Dells)
2,336 results
All reviewschop houseunderground tunnelall inclusive packagebedroom condothe indoor water parkgreat escapefull kitchenwisconsin riverall agesoff seasonolder kidstwo queen bedsgreat resorta lot of funyear oldsmini golffamily vacation
Reviewed August 29, 2017 via mobile

For a Sunday night, the price for the room we received seemed high ($160) It was a large plain room. The water park was decent. Large hot tub outside which we liked. Only a few miles from downtown, however, Uber isn't very popular

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Becky V, Guest Relations Manager at Chula Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2017

tealchristine2712-

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed our waterpark and Outdoor Hot Springs! We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed August 28, 2017

We stayed here last week for an end of summer stay. Over the years we have visited and really enjoyed our stay. This was my last trip.
The check in was horrendous. We water in one line for 30 minutes to check in and then were told we have to go to the check in line at the condo lobby to get our vouchers that went with our stay. This line took over 90 minutes. They only had 2 people working and probably 70 people in line. when it was my turn, the cashier told me she didn't have me listed for the vouchers we had booked for. I then had to wait for the manager to come over.
The elevators have broken chipped tiles that are taped in place. It looks very bad.
The towels are thin and scratchy and we had to wait to get them as housekeeping had run out.
Right away in the room we noticed all the smoke detectors had been "plastered" over with paper towel that had been wet and fit over the devices. They were all completely dried and molded on the detectors meaning it had been that way for sometime. Also the vents had all been closed. This was done so people could smoke in the room. I'm not sure why housekeeping didn't notice this.
They no longer have bottles of shampoo but dispensers in the showers and by the sinks. It gives it a very cheap feel.
They have also locked all entrances to the outdoor poll area except for one. So to get to anything you have a very long walk through the indoor water park. At one time there were different entrances with attendants by them. This was just another cost saving measure put in place by the owners.For me with recent knee surgeries, it was too long of a walk.
I don't believe they have the gift shops they used to and one of the small bars on the 2nd floor is gone.
In the middle of the day, they had a worker sandblasting paint off the outside wall. It was loud and debris was flying all over.
The overall feeling to me is that they are taking many cost saving measures and cutting corners. The grounds are beautiful and I love that its off the beaten path. For the cost, I expect more and better service. I wouldn't be surprised if they are going through serious finacial issues judging by how its run.
I have also noticed that all the responses on Trip Advisor from the "manager" are very generic and non caring.
Chula Vista has seen better days and they won't see my family again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jimswife08
Becky V, Guest Relations Manager at Chula Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2017

Jimswife08-

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about the issues you experienced during your stay. We hate to lose repeat guests and will pass your comments along to our management team for future planning. We hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

My husband & I were here for a wedding. We wanted early check in around noon to get ready but we're told it would be about one hour before the room was ready. That was OK. We went & had lunch and they sent us a text message when it was ready. That was nice. When we got to our room it was very dark, they need better light bulbs, not the cheap fluorescent ones that don't give any light. Anyways, after the wedding when we returned to our room a bottle of pop or water would be nice. No machines on the floor so had go to the lobby store. $4 for water...really? The beds were OK, they could use new mattresses as they sink down. Our room was quiet though.
The next morning we both showered. NO AMENITIES. The soap & lotion are in dispensers and once in the shower found to be empty! The towels were very thin, small and very scratchy. Also the tub wouldn't drain so by the end you are standing in a foot of water. No bathmat either.
Another complaint is you don't know where anything is. They give you a small map but would be nice to have a few things pointed out. They are too concerned about the water park & wristbands which we were not interested in. Had no idea which way to go as signage was poor.
For being a "resort" this was very far from a vacation get away. Especially for what you pay.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Becky V, Guest Relations Manager at Chula Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2017

Rockindogs-

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about the frustrations you experienced during y our stay. We will pass your comments along to our management team. We are currently looking into new signage to help navigate the resort. We hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

From the lack of security to all night fraternity parties in the hot tub area and rooms worse than motel 6. Dirty and lack of services. Not not not a resort. Just a beat up hotel with an attached water park. Even the guys who tried to sell us a vacation club through them admitted that they do not stay there. They go elsewhere. My daughter never felt safe. My wife wanted to use the nail salon that was never open. When she did try to make an appointment, they were not interested. That really sums up this place. Tbey are not interested in you or anyone. I made my concerns known daily and even had to call security. The manager of the hotel was never available and never contacted me. Then on the last day of out 4 day stay I tried again and tbus time talked to tbe manager. We got a lousy 63 buck refund on a 4 day of stay. The rooms are dark. Poorly lit, have no surfaces to put more than 1 suitcase on. And rationed towels. We were given 4 small towels. No hand towels and 1 wash cloth for 3 people. For 4 days. I has to go find towels every day. The mattresses were so used they could have come from a sleazy motel as they were concave and sunken in the middle. I was afraid to actually lay in one. I never slept and we spent as much time as we could away from Chula Vista. I do not recommend going there.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank ctpony

ctpony-

We are sorry to hear about the frustrations you experienced during your stay. We are currently in the process of renovating our rooms. We will pass your comments along to our management team and Housekeeping Department. We hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed August 26, 2017 via mobile

We stayed in March and thought we'd give it another try in August. It was another amazing stay. Great service, nice villa, great price. Worried if I keep giving good reviews like this they won't have such amazing Groupon prices!! Pizza at the killborn was AMAZING. Thanks for making family fun memorable and reasonable

Stayed: August 2017

Lad618-

Thank you for your review. We're glad your family had such a great stay and enjoyed the pizza at Kilbourn City Grill. Come back soon!