2,409 results
All reviews chop house underground tunnel all inclusive package junior suite the indoor water park wave pool full kitchen wisconsin river roller coaster all ages off season older kids great resort two queen beds year olds a lot of fun mini golf
Reviewed September 6, 2017

We stayed in the huge condos for about a week - and had a great time! Lots of outdoor pools (though towels need to get bigger for pools) and the waterpark is small, but fun. Some rooms might need some maintenance, but all over a great resort!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Marte E
Becky V, Guest Relations Manager at Chula Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2017

Marte E-

Thank you for your review. We are currently in the process of renovating our rooms. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed September 6, 2017

Power tools running at 4:00 AM every night, incorrectly billed for our stay, housekeeping failed to clean the room properly, hallways littered with debris, and trying to get a manager to help with any of these issues has proven to be a complete waste of time. Do yourself a big favor - stay at Khalahari, Wilderness or Great Wolf if you plan on visiting the Dells. All of them are infinitely better than Chula Vista. I am a travel planner and this was my second stay there. I will never stay there again, and I will not recommend it to friends or clients.

Room Tip: Choose a room at a different resort.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Rhonna H-

We are sorry to hear about the frustrations you experienced during your stay. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us at info@chulavistaresort.com or (608)678-3119 if you would like to further discuss your stay. We hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed September 5, 2017

My Husband and I took our 18, 19 , 20 year old and our 8 year old grandson. This was our first trip to the Dells so after hours and hours and hours of research I finally decided on Mt. Olympus but soon read a google review explaining that you would have to pay for an upgrade to stay at Hotel Rome which you would have to do to be across from their outdoor waterpark so I cancelled that reservation and for the same cost booked a much larger room @ Chula Vista. I originally booked the Villa Loft but after noticing a 50% discount for Labor Day I called and they gave me 2 dining vouchers and an upgrade to a 2 bed 2 bath condo. Our stay was great! Plenty of room and plenty to do even though it was cool all weekend. On our last night we found the wave pool and Margarita's......warm water and an adult beverage. I was in heaven! My only real complaint is that we had the same grumpy waiter @ an onsite restaurant.

Stayed: September 2017

Sunshine F-

Thank you for your review. We are thrilled to hear you and your family had such a great stay! We hope to see you all back with us again soon!

Reviewed September 5, 2017 via mobile

The proper term would be adequate. There is nothing fancy about this place, quite frankly, there are no extras. It is straightforward, what you see is what you get. The accommodations are antiquated. The rooms are plain, the tv's are from the 80's or 90's. The waterpark is ok, nothing spectacular and the food service is not repulsive. Do not pay full price. There are plenty of deals, packages or specials, but this place is not worth top dollar.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family

monkandthelaw-

We are currently in the process of renovating our rooms. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed September 2, 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Chula Vista twice in the last month. After filling out an internet survey sent by the management, and complaining about the garbage outside most of the villas (condoms, broken bottles and broken furniture) and the lack of upkeep of the grounds and pools I was hoping to see an improvement from last month. Same garbage as last month.

We stayed two nights. We were one of three cars in the villa parking lot-it was not busy at all. The first night we realized that one of the mattresses was urine soaked from the previous guests. We were able to be put in another room, but were told that no other rooms in the villa were cleaned yet. This was a Friday morning of Labor Day weekend. Eventually we were able to get another room, but it definitely was not vacuumed and not cleaned well. I have a hard time understanding why most rooms would be uncleaned going into a holiday weekend.

The indoor water park is quite dirty. The floors are definitely not washed or disinfected on any regular bases. The kiddie pool has corners that are filled with sand-unknown where the sand could have come from as there isn't any inside. There is bits of hair and small garbage throughout the park. I also saw an electrical cord connecting to a fan going in between the hot tub and lazy river. This electrical cord is within feet of water on both sides and a definite safety concern. We will definitely try out a different resort the next vacation to Wisconsin dells.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Erin C
Becky V, Guest Relations Manager at Chula Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2017

Erin C-

Thank you for your feedback. We are currently in the process of renovating our rooms. We will certainly pass your comments along to our management team for future planning. We hope you will give us another chance in the future.