2,412 results
All reviews chop house underground tunnel all inclusive package junior suite the indoor water park wave pool full kitchen wisconsin river roller coaster off season great resort older kids two queen beds year olds a lot of fun mini golf family vacation
Reviewed November 4, 2017 via mobile

I was here for a conference. The rooms were older, worn out, and somewhat dirty, e.g. grimy light switches and phone, a few small items on the carpet from previous guests. Some colleagues at the conference were having allergy flare-ups due to black mold in the bathrooms. Front desk employees didn’t ever smile or act in a friendly manner. The Kilbourn City Grill was overpriced and unappetizing. The walls are so thin that the family in the next room may as well have been in my room. I would never go back, even if it were free.

Stayed: November 2017
Becky V, Guest Relations Manager at Chula Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2017

Stillpoint11-

We are sorry to hear about the frustrations you encountered during your conference. We will pass your comments along to our management team. If you would like to further discuss your stay please do not hesitate to reach out to us at info@chulavistaresort.com or (608)678-3119.

Reviewed November 2, 2017

We stayed two weeknights in the fall. Great price. Great location. My 10 and 11 years-old and I stayed in a family suite with river view,balcony, and fireplace.Staff was very friendly. They did ask if I wanted to find out more about their vacation club. I said not this trip and it was left at that. The room was clean, but does need some updating. Toilet/shower area very dated and a little bit of an odor. Indoor waterpark was clean and not too crowded. Lifeguards were attentive and I felt that my children were safe even if I could not see them. Loved the underground tunnel and being able to walk indoors to get to all parts of the resort. Best part of Chula Vista for me is the location: quiet, out of the way but still close to everything, and on the rivier.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Becky V, Guest Relations Manager at Chula Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2017

Jen M-

Thank you for your review. It's great to hear how much you enjoy our location! We're glad you family had fun and we hope you will stay with us again soon!

Reviewed October 29, 2017 via mobile

Stayed in north tower hotel on a groupon. Upon arrival, we had instant maintenance issues with room. 4 lightbulbs, lamps did not turn on. Maintenance guy responded with bulb fix for 3 of 4 lights, friendly. Sheets have holes. Shower curtain rips. Lampshades had rips. Blankets worn out.

Waterpark was fun. Parking was a challenge, not designed for events. We could not find a spot returning on a Saturday night at 8pm. Had to wait for someone to leave.

Coffee not refilled in room after 1st night.

General areas not maintained, big gorilla should be tossed in garbage, it was absolutely destroyed by someone.

Restaurant ok, service ok. Waitstaff was polite but all seemed depressed not good interaction.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank WhitneyFamily
Becky V, Guest Relations Manager at Chula Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2017

WhitneyFamily-

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about the frustrations you experienced with your stay. We will pass your comments along to our mangement team and housekeeping department. We hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed October 24, 2017 via mobile

Overall it was a decent stay. The villa we got near the golf course was pretty nice and still nearby the main resort. A little dirty and filled with dead ladybugs in the entrance. The water park was o.k. Not much to do for a one year old. The kids area where the big bucket is was a disappointment. Only one slide was running at a time.... according to the lifeguards there weren't enough of them to open two. These were the only body slides my 3 year old could ride so it was disappointing. The whole indoor waterpark seemed cold. I was shivering most of the time as we're my kids. Not stroller friendly inside the park. Breakfast buffet was good. Next time I'd pay more for a better waterpark.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank trisha j
Becky V, Guest Relations Manager at Chula Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2017

trisha j-

Thank you for your feedback. We will pass your comments along to our Aquatics Manager. We are glad you liked your room! We hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed October 24, 2017

Check-in experience was the worst customer service I've ever heard or seen in a hotel. Not enough characters here to write all what happened. Staff even argued with us when we needed help. It was awful.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

matthewdwaterhouse-

We are sorry to hear you were not satisfied with you check-in experience. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us at info@chulavistaresort.com or (608)678-3119 if you would like to discuss it further. We hope you will give us another chance in the future.